How To: 13-14 premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyTacy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Ram with the base cluster. I got a 2014 premium cluster and switched them. For some reason the big screen on the new cluster is white. All the manual gauges work. Is the cluster bad?
Sounds like it. Can you post a picture? Does anything on the screen change?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

73288B7E-0B98-427D-8ACD-7AC9CB39E07C.jpeg

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for a 7” diesel upgrade for my 2015 2500 if anyone has seen one .
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Looking for a 7” diesel upgrade for my 2015 2500 if anyone has seen one .
Thanks

Open your search to EcoDiesels if you don't mind the higher redline on the tach (which is hard to see anyway).

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Open your search to EcoDiesels if you don't mind the higher redline on the tach (which is hard to see anyway).

Ok will try it thanks

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So ordering one new from an online store or dealer I understand that it should just plug right up and has the ability to be programmed with the Alphaobd. I have an 18 1500 express. so the part number that moparonlineparts.com is saying is 68340654AB. this should all be plug and play and program the mileage and engine hrs correct?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So ordering one new from an online store or dealer I understand that it should just plug right up and has the ability to be programmed with the Alphaobd. I have an 18 1500 express. so the part number that moparonlineparts.com is saying is 68340654AB. this should all be plug and play and program the mileage and engine hrs correct?

Yes but I'm not a 100 percent sure you can order a new one. And if a dealer is willing they'd want to send it out to have it programmed and you'd have to leave your truck there until it installed

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Plug n play, yes. AlfaOBD programming, hit or miss, but usually works. You won’t be able to order a brand new one from a mopar parts supplier, though. It’ll show in stock. It’ll let you add it to the cart and pay for it. But, a few days later, you’ll get an email canceling the order.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Plug n play, yes. AlfaOBD programming, hit or miss, but usually works. You won’t be able to order a brand new one from a mopar parts supplier, though. It’ll show in stock. It’ll let you add it to the cart and pay for it. But, a few days later, you’ll get an email canceling the order.

Where is the best place to look? junk yard or ebay?

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
put a 7" cluster from a 17 sport into my 17 express. did the idel hours and drive hours but still no miliage change been trying for 5 months off and on with alpha tryed yesterday and went even higher km .gonna try again tomorrow.could it be that i have a kenwood deck in.and another thing doesent show eco light .o someone said there was a reset for the cluster ?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
put a 7" cluster from a 17 sport into my 17 express. did the idel hours and drive hours but still no miliage change been trying for 5 months off and on with alpha tryed yesterday and went even higher km .gonna try again tomorrow.could it be that i have a kenwood deck in.and another thing doesent show eco light .o someone said there was a reset for the cluster ?
What OBD reader are you using?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
mx plus with alpha
Darn, my suggestion was going to be to use an MX Plus! I couldn't get mileage to change either until I bought the MX Plus.

Next suggestion (if you haven't already tried) is try both "clicks" of the key when it tells you to turn to off then on and wait for the startup sequence to complete.

I found turning it on to only 1 "click" of the "key" allowed it to work (even though it gave a failed message in AlfaOBD it took in the cluster).

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
Darn, my suggestion was going to be to use an MX Plus! I couldn't get mileage to change either until I bought the MX Plus.

Next suggestion (if you haven't already tried) is try both "clicks" of the key when it tells you to turn to off then on and wait for the startup sequence to complete.

I found turning it on to only 1 "click" of the "key" allowed it to work (even though it gave a failed message in AlfaOBD it took in the cluster).

ya tryed it lol

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
i went thew all 90 pages to see .someone said about a reset on cluster?.also when i got it and hooked it up said power wagon on start up lol .so i changed it to sport on start up and someone else on here had the same thing saying power wagon.so today gonna try again but gonna put factory deck back it just to see if that works.o ya and eco light doesent come on witch i dont care lol o well