How To: 13-14 premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
If you are going with an aftermarket radio you won't be able to change any vehicle settings that are accessed through the factory radio unless you get an iDataLink 'Maestro' I and compatible radio.

M² Mods.

Jayboie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Cluster surgeon has my cluster and is going to program it tomorrow. I am excited to get this mod done. Next is the heated and cooled seats and heated wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you don't mind me asking. How much did you pay to get your cluster reprogrammed? Looking to get mine done.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Jayboie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If you don't mind me asking. How much did you pay to get your cluster reprogrammed? Looking to get mine done.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I paid 150 for the programming. 2ef92098eb8fdafd10912fe7a3c3cd49.jpg

Jayboie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Well it only takes him a day to reprogram. So as long as he gets it on a week day he ships it out the next morning.

Jayboie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I shipped mine out Wednesday last week and it be here on Thursday so 8 days.

Dodgetk81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone run into an issue where you have factory installed led tails and are getting a light out message when doing a Cluster swap? Truck is a 15 express with factory sport head and tail lights.

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone run into an issue where you have factory installed led tails and are getting a light out message when doing a Cluster swap? Truck is a 15 express with factory sport head and tail lights.
I got that message after the swap but my tail lights weren't led from factory. I didn't know expresses had the option for that?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I got that message after the swap but my tail lights weren't led from factory. I didn't know expresses had the option for that?

Is it possible it's a stored message (from donor truck)? If so, it can be cleared, I'm just not sure of the procedure.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is it possible it's a stored message (from donor truck)? If so, it can be cleared, I'm just not sure of the procedure.

I'm not sure don't led lights take less power so switching to them would make the truck think the lights are burnt out?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm not sure don't led lights take less power so switching to them would make the truck think the lights are burnt out?

Yes, sorry I missed that. I'm pretty sure RetroShop sells a harness to fix that.

Dartswinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just finished my cluster swap. 2014 Limited cluster in a 2016 Rebel and found a Rebel mask in the classifieds here.

I am also getting a passenger brake light out stored message. I have the factory led, and I believe the donor vehicle did not. Other than that everything seems to be working correctly. From what I've read, I should hope the code clears after driving, try resetting the cluster/unplugging battery, and or adding the sales code to the truck? Can anyone tell me what I need to ask for specifically so my friend at Dodge can help? He has access to the tools, but its not his specialty.
20180805_125501_HDR.jpg

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just finished my cluster swap. 2014 Limited cluster in a 2016 Rebel and found a Rebel mask in the classifieds here.

I am also getting a passenger brake light out stored message. I have the factory led, and I believe the donor vehicle did not. Other than that everything seems to be working correctly. From what I've read, I should hope the code clears after driving, try resetting the cluster/unplugging battery, and or adding the sales code to the truck? Can anyone tell me what I need to ask for specifically so my friend at Dodge can help? He has access to the tools, but its not his specialty.
View attachment 136463
That is awesome !
I have a 14 Ram Express , I've aquired a 16 cluster with only 8k on it , I purchased a new Red Rebel mask from a preferred vendor here Benny with allmoarparts.com

Gonna put the new mask on and put it in my truck .[emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dartswinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well turns out it was the third brake bulb. Didn't think to check because it showed a picture of the passenger side light out. Sprung for the led replacements and they work great with no codes. Everything works perfect now, happy camper!

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Did the swap in my '14 Express today. I got a 7" out of another '14 with a mint condition lens from ClusterSurgeon on eBay with programing included. Shipping was fast, I had it in 3 days. The only quibble I have is that I gave them a mileage number 50 miles higher than my truck was at as the truck is my daily driver and I needed some padding to keep the mileage correct. I got the cluster yesterday, drove the truck for a bit this morning to get the mileage to the exact # that the replacement was supposed to be at, stopped in a friendly parking lot to swap it and discovered that they had set it for 65 miles higher (15 higher than I'd asked for). Had to undo the swap, drive around for a while longer and do it again. I didn't really mind that they had further padded it, I just wish they'd told me! The hardest part of the procedure was getting the trim ring screwed back on, as the two top screws that go into the cluster itself didn't want to line up. I had to slide a thin screwdriver into one at an angle and tilt it into position to get the other one in, then the 2nd lined up as well.

-K

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Interesting little tidbit. While the mileage & hours are stored in the EVIC, apparently the Oil Change Interval is not. I expected to have to keep track of it manualy for this cycle due to swapping the cluster, but when I put the new EVIC in, the oil change interval mileage was preserved.

-K

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ha , that's good to know [emoji106] thanks for the info
Interesting little tidbit. While the mileage & hours are stored in the EVIC, apparently the Oil Change Interval is not. I expected to have to keep track of it manualy for this cycle due to swapping the cluster, but when I put the new EVIC in, the oil change intervle mileage was preserved.

-K

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Interesting little tidbit. While the mileage & hours are stored in the EVIC, apparently the Oil Change Interval is not. I expected to have to keep track of it manualy for this cycle due to swapping the cluster, but when I put the new EVIC in, the oil change interval mileage was preserved.

-K
I was curious about that. Even though my dealer told me to ignore the Oil Life anyways.