How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:happy107:

No broken clips or mounts on mine. You would think 2 guys in white gloves removed and wrapped up mine. If they were though, Id spend exactly no time on trying to change it out. Like you said too many wires for 1 simple human error. Which Im extremely versed in.

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I had them cut off the wiring to the truck so I would have a pigtail to the truck wiring. That way I could wire them as I knew I wouldn't have all the plugs

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Got my rebel seats wired in for at least power today. Started raining and didnt feel like fighting with it.

DPT4jP7.jpg

Last edited:

coolemoff1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can be done for way less than that using katkinz leather wrecked seats build harness yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolemoff1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got maybe 700 in mine

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Can be done for way less than that using katkinz leather wrecked seats build harness yourself

80-90% of the people that want leather seats wont go through that effort.

coolemoff1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are prolly 200% correct I had fun doing it laugh if u want but I did learned a lot too

Markmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im doing this conversion as well in a 2014 cummins with a 6 speed manual i got laramie seats out of a wrecked 2014 cummins installed them with just a power wire to run the power seat side till i can get back to get the harness out to run heated and cooled the problem is i installed them drove around for a half day now the air bag system check comes on when i sit in the drivers seat and goes away when im not sitting in it any ideas on what to look for or how to fix it ??

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Im doing this conversion as well in a 2014 cummins with a 6 speed manual i got laramie seats out of a wrecked 2014 cummins installed them with just a power wire to run the power seat side till i can get back to get the harness out to run heated and cooled the problem is i installed them drove around for a half day now the air bag system check comes on when i sit in the drivers seat and goes away when im not sitting in it any ideas on what to look for or how to fix it ??

Do your new seats have airbags in them?

Markmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes they do so did the old ones only difference is the new ones are power the truck i got them out of was in an accident the curtin air bag went off on the passenger side. The warning light didn't come on right away maybe a day and a half of driving it before it started. its like there is a weight sensor in the seat

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Found a weird issue, Running 15/16 seats in my 13 and everything works but the heat shuts off on both seats after 5-10 seconds. Can connect to the module via AE, but its showing Left Seat Heat Resistance High and Right Seat Heat Resistance High. Any ideas? Was thinking the module may not be playing nice since it a 13.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Found a weird issue, Running 15/16 seats in my 13 and everything works but the heat shuts off on both seats after 5-10 seconds. Can connect to the module via AE, but its showing Left Seat Heat Resistance High and Right Seat Heat Resistance High. Any ideas? Was thinking the module may not be playing nice since it a 13.

That's interesting. Sounds like the same thing that 69mach1 is encountering in his 13. I don't remember what year his donor seats were though. Maybe he will chime in.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes they do so did the old ones only difference is the new ones are power the truck i got them out of was in an accident the curtin air bag went off on the passenger side. The warning light didn't come on right away maybe a day and a half of driving it before it started. its like there is a weight sensor in the seat

There is no weight sensor in the driver's seat. The truck assumes if it being driven somone is in the seat. There is a weight sensor in the passenger's seat. I would recommend checking your plugs and making sure they are properly attached and you didn't accidently pinch or damage a wire when you were installing the seats and hooking up your power for the power seat option.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
That's interesting. Sounds like the same thing that 69mach1 is encountering in his 13. I don't remember what year his donor seats were though. Maybe he will chime in.

Gonna try putting the multi switch in tomorrow and see if that fixes it if not, then im swapping modules out under the seat.

Edit: Also, DeereGuy, The green CanBus connector you sent was the wrong one I believe, had to cut the alignment tab off for it to fit in the slot.

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Sorry I'm just seeing this now. I came in after cleaning up from the blizzard, sat down for a few minutes, and woke up at 3AM. lol

Anyway, the seats I put in my truck were from a 15 Big Horn, so they were heated only. I installed the switch panel and added the option to the BCM so I'd get the soft keys on the radio. But, neither the seats nor the wheel would work. They'd turn off after 5-10 seconds like yours do. I tried a bunch of stuff and couldn't get them working. It was summer, so I just let them be at that time. But, I would try them periodically.

After a month or two I replaced my bezel with the factory 8.4 one. After I finished that, the seats and wheel started working. I still don't know if it was because of the conversion or because I had the battery disconnected for a few hours.

I recently swapped out my driver's seat for one from a 13 Laramie. It worked immediately, and plays nice with the 15 passenger seat too. The ventilated function doesnt work, but that's a different story.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Gonna try putting the multi switch in tomorrow and see if that fixes it if not, then im swapping modules out under the seat.

Edit: Also, DeereGuy, The green CanBus connector you sent was the wrong one I believe, had to cut the alignment tab off for it to fit in the slot.

Yep I think I told you that in a PM. I'm pretty sure I was finally able to source the correct connector for the 13 and 14s. I'll know for sure on Friday. Everyone wanted a MOQ of 6000 on the connector so it took me a while to find a vendor willing to sell me a smaller MOQ. If you would like the correct connector, I'll send it down to you. The connectors seem to work fine with the exception of the alignment tab. I've used the 15 and up connector in 13s and 14s and I know at least one person used the 14 connector off of a body harness in a 15 by just removing the alignment tab. All of the connectors use the same terminals. Regardless, when I get them in on Friday and verify that it is indeed the correct connector, I'll get you one.