how to check ball joints and shocks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently installed zone upper control arms after my factory upper ball joints popped out of their control arms. I had a little popping noise when the bj's first went, the zones helped a lot but now I still have a slignt popping from the front. I rechecked all the nuts and bolts in the control arms and new upper ball joint. They are all tight.
My thought process is now leading me to think maybe the 3000 miles I was unaware of the popping ball joints I might have messed up the factory lower ball joint or possibly the factory strut with the hbs 2" puck on top. Obviously the dealer can't/ won't be any help.

So to the b and b how can I check my lower ball joints or is there a tell tail?

How to check the strut? I get the truck shaking from pushing on it so the whole thing shakes and it waves for bout 4 times then stops. Any other ways to know?

Ghengis_Khandrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've checked em by lifting the truck, removing the wheel and squeezing the ball joint connection with a big pair of channel-locks to check for play

OP
OP
G

gradall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm taking the spacers out tomorrow and putting in 5100s. I hate the spacers, they are causing crazy stuff to happen in my suspension.

OP
OP
G

gradall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes 4wd, I got the bilsteins in at 2.8 and she rides like a champ.