How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I'm running it for some weeks as beta tester and in my RAM 1500 Laramie (MY2013) and it all works fine. What I'm wondering: There was no need to change my HVAC-Module. Don't know, if it also has to do with that product or if I'm just lucky :-D
Your Laramie has factory ATC, which seems to allow the UAx radios to work correctly with the HVAC module

M² Mods.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ordered one. If it delivers everything it claims this will be great! Will report back once I get it.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Does Alpha do the same thing already?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Atkpilot1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
Where can I find a new harness for the radio upgrade

I upgraded my radio to the 4C pulled out some wires and now the backup camera doesn't work.

I looked on the infotainment web site and their harness only helps with heated and cooled seats. I don't know if i need that

But something isn't working right, climate controls, only max ac works.

Any help would be appreciated.

So more info

I upgraded to Kenwood radio and put in the HVAC module, new cluster and evic at the same time. Now I went in and put in new usb hub, dual and radio.

But somehow I think i need the new harness?

Thanks

phreak480

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ordered one. If it delivers everything it claims this will be great! Will report back once I get it.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I think you will find his work to be pretty high quality. I've got some stuff from him in my 2014 Ram and am very happy. I have the old software jailbreak and his camera harness and grill camera.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where can I find a new harness for the radio upgrade

I upgraded my radio to the 4C pulled out some wires and now the backup camera doesn't work.

I looked on the infotainment web site and their harness only helps with heated and cooled seats. I don't know if i need that

But something isn't working right, climate controls, only max ac works.

Any help would be appreciated.

So more info

I upgraded to Kenwood radio and put in the HVAC module, new cluster and evic at the same time. Now I went in and put in new usb hub, dual and radio.

But somehow I think i need the new harness?

Thanks

Go here. MPGrimm2 and deereguy can help you possibly

M² Mods Intro & Project List
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...Mods-Intro-&-Project-List.98332/&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just finished installing a MY2019 UAQ in my 2014 Ram 1500. GPS is taking forever to load maps and navigation does not start till I am miles into a trip. Any thoughts?

jean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just finished installing a MY2019 UAQ in my 2014 Ram 1500.
Back up camera works but screen is yellowish.
Any thoughts?

g-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just finished installing a MY2019 UAQ in my 2014 Ram 1500.
Back up camera works but screen is yellowish.
Any thoughts?
Trade with me for a 18 uaq. Check your connections and I'm not sure if it will work on a 14

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Just finished installing a MY2019 UAQ in my 2014 Ram 1500. GPS is taking forever to load maps and navigation does not start till I am miles into a trip. Any thoughts?
What's the PN and application version of your radio? (Pictures?)
Did it come out of a 5th gen ram it 19 Classic?

M² Mods.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well just scored a 2019 delphi 8.4 out of a 2019 ram 1500 it says from the wrecking yard.its says it will fit a a 2019 ram or cherokee.its has a ra4 type mount so it has to be either a ram classic or cherokee.i think the new body style rams have totally differant mounting points.i was concerned about it being a delphi some post before say they didn't work in a ram but a ra2 is a delphi radio.it was cheap enough so will follow up when it arrives.

Nathan Corey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you looking for a Canadian it USA UAQ radio? I recommend you stick with a 2018 Ram UAx radio PN to minimize issues. (Radio mounts are the same on Jeep, ram viper).

See this post 7 & 8 from my FW info thread ...
https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1125843.
- 68331632Ax appears to be a Canadian RAM UAQ 4c NAV w/SXM (no cellular ant.)

2018 RAM USA PNs: 68331631AH (UAQ)
or 68331635AH (UAS)

Also note, if your have problems with HVAC Temp sliders/blend door travel and the 2018 HVAC module doesn't correct it then you will need the Single zone ATC feature/wiring added.

M² Mods.

Sorry, not sure how i missed this when your responded. Are there issues with installing a US system? I've been constantly checking car-part, so far no luck.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Verified the radio I got is from a new body style ram.if it does work in a 18 people with 19 trucks are having tons of software issues with them also though.radio should be here Tuesday will post then.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
well just scored a 2019 delphi 8.4 out of a 2019 ram 1500 it says from the wrecking yard.its says it will fit a a 2019 ram or cherokee.its has a ra4 type mount so it has to be either a ram classic or cherokee.i think the new body style rams have totally differant mounting points.i was concerned about it being a delphi some post before say they didn't work in a ram but a ra2 is a delphi radio.it was cheap enough so will follow up when it arrives.

Verified the radio I got is from a new body style ram.if it does work in a 18 people with 19 trucks are having tons of software issues with them also though.radio should be here Tuesday will post then.
If it’s the navigation 8.4, It will probably be just the screen (probably why it was cheap), then there’s a module separate from the screen that runs it.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whole one piece unit.the module you speak of is a Panasonic and shares the exact same internals as a uaq except for the mother board everything else on the inside interchanges.got one of those cheap just to curb my curiosity.although the mother board has a similar layout the board is a odd shape

Last edited:

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I just installed a 2018 UAQ in my 2016 Ram 1500 Sport. Everything seems to be working perfectly, I didn’t need to make any changes with Alfaodb yet.

I do have a question though, my truck is a Canadian import so it doesn’t have any of the travel link features, and I don’t have the buttons on the mirror. When connecting the radio my truck only had 2 out of the 5 antennas that hook up to that radio. I had the yellow, and white. I don’t care about Travel Link and was wondering if I would be able to disable it without any unwanted side effects? The reason I want it disabled is, it is in my dock at the bottom of the radio and I can’t get it out of there. I can move it side to side but can’t remove it.

What do you guys think?

So far I am loving this new radio, it sounds better (maybe my imagination) it looks better and it is so much more responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eamonn Roddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is very interesting. I have a 2018 Ram 2500 and it has the new style hub but with RA1 radio. I've already agreed to buy a 2017 RA4 radio from 00R/T when he gets freed up from other obligations.

I guess I need reassurance that my media hub will be backwards compatible with the 2017 RA4 radio. Sorry for the highjack, but this got me second guessing one aspect of my swap that didn't cross my mind. This may have been covered before, but it is early and I'm half asleep, lol.

Edit to add: Since I do have the newer style media hub, then I can simply bolt in a UAQ or UAS radio if I ever decided to, correct?

Eamonn Roddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi I have a 2012 ram 3500 with a res factory radio installed.id like to upgrade to a better factory radio plug and play only.what and where can I upgrade.thanks

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hi I have a 2012 ram 3500 with a res factory radio installed.id like to upgrade to a better factory radio plug and play only.what and where can I upgrade.thanks
I'm not familiar with the upgrade options in the 09-12 trucks since they are electrically different. This thread applies to the 13-18 trucks (19 classic). You may want to start a new thread in the electronics/diy section... I know they are folks who can answer your question better.

M² Mods.