How to know if lifted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've takin a ride through the local dealer before to compare heights as one posted earlier.
I put the bilstein front level deal on it at 2.1,also put on 34.1in tires.leveled it up nice.
Every truck on the lot and almost every truck along side others at a light are still higher than mine.goin by bottom of window and top bed heights,really noticable...I hear it every time from the wife "his is higher than yours"...ya ya.(better hearing that than longer now that I think about it..lol)..anyways,
Are the newer trucks(im 2010 laramie 4x4)any higher or is mine just low from the get go?
I think i did read something about diff.models being diff.heights but I dont remember I read to much.
Thoughts anyone?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've takin a ride through the local dealer before to compare heights as one posted earlier.
I put the bilstein front level deal on it at 2.1,also put on 34.1in tires.leveled it up nice.
Every truck on the lot and almost every truck along side others at a light are still higher than mine.goin by bottom of window and top bed heights,really noticable...I hear it every time from the wife "his is higher than yours"...ya ya.(better hearing that than longer now that I think about it..lol)..anyways,
Are the newer trucks(im 2010 laramie 4x4)any higher or is mine just low from the get go?
I think i did read something about diff.models being diff.heights but I dont remember I read to much.
Thoughts anyone?
If your truck is leveled on 34’s i cant see how any stock truck could be taller, let alone even the same height. Something isnt right there. And in my opinion, the newer trucks are even a little lower, and they come with smaller tires.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply...
I've been searching since I posted that and think I found an acceptable answer...I had 17in rims so I guess It could to be this.dunno if this would apply to 4x4 trucks.i got tired of reading again.
Gtyankee posted this back in Dec.2021

"from another forum in 2013

There are (at least) 2 options: XZMP ‘Standard Ride Height’ and XZNP ‘Raised Ride Height’, with an approximate +1” lift at all 4 corners. Ram achieves this lift by installing taller coil springs on XZNP trucks.

(Generally) trucks with the “Base” 17” wheel/tire package were equipped with the XZMP ‘Standard’ package, while ‘optional wheel/tire’ package trucks received the XZNP ‘Raised’ package.

It appears most aftermarket (McGaughy’s, Belltech, etc.) lowering kits were designed for the XZNP ‘Raised’ trucks.

When installed on a XZMP truck, there will be 1” LESS drop than designed / advertised / anticipated!!"

OP
OP
R

Raife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
Question: for replacement, OEM or aftermarket? If aftermarket, any recommended brands?

Thank you.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get the new sway link from rockauto, there's nothing about oem sway links that's worth $100. I don't really worry too much about brand, they're all chinese, but Mevotech has a good rep.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Actually, i think it probably hits that pack with every day driving with his setup, even without towing. He has the factory air option, so the leaf pack is very light duty in comparison to a normal 1 ton.
It may well hit the overloads on bumps, but any truck with overloads SHOULD be set up so that they are not in play at a static unloaded condition. Maybe I'm from another dimension, but this has been the default setup for AT LEAST 40 years on "heavy duty" pickup trucks. It allows a smoother ride unloaded yet plenty of capacity when loaded. Frankly, it's a brilliant concept, by which I mean someone smarter than me thought of it (and, yes, I'm a genius - I've been tested).

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It may well hit the overloads on bumps, but any truck with overloads SHOULD be set up so that they are not in play at a static unloaded condition. Maybe I'm from another dimension, but this has been the default setup for AT LEAST 40 years on "heavy duty" pickup trucks. It allows a smoother ride unloaded yet plenty of capacity when loaded. Frankly, it's a brilliant concept, by which I mean someone smarter than me thought of it (and, yes, I'm a genius - I've been tested).
Yea its a completely different setup with the air bags….all prior logic went out the window haaa