Howto fix indents in RAM leather seats.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davetha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey guys,
My 2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn currently has just over 200 miles on it. I had it at a shop to get the exterior corrected, which should have been a couple day process at the most, however the person working on it got injured and had to take just over a week off.

When I recieved the truck, the exterior looked like it was show room condition.

Once I got home, I noticed that there was a thin, deep, round indent on my seat. I'm assuming there was a can or bucket left on the seat which left an eye sore mark.

After fretting about the indent, I did some research and found a technique that worked pretty well to remove the indent.

Below are the steps I took to fix the indent.

#1 Filled a bowl up with hot water, placed a clean cloth in the water, and brought it out to the truck.

#2 Pulled the cloth out of the water and wring it out.

#3 Place the cloth on the indented area. I folded my cloth a couple of times as well.

#4 Take a ball such as a tennis ball, base ball, or medium size bouncy ball and roll the ball back and forth over the area that is covered with the cloth.

At this point you should check the area where you've rolled the ball over and see if the indent is gone. If its not gone, try it a couple more times. If you're still not having luck, try using warmer water or a smaller ball.

With the area that I was trying to fix, it was the bottom part of the seat, near the seat back. I used a base ball to get the edges, but had to hunt down a smaller ball in the house to fix the areas closer to the seat back.

Here are some pictures from the progress.

Picture of the indent:
2014-03-15.jpg

Picture after I tried removing the indent with a baseball.. world series baseball at that :)
2014-03-15.jpg

Here is a picture of the seat nearly fully corrected once I used a medium sized light up bouncy ball.
2014-03-15.jpg

Once the correction is completed, you should probably put a little bit of leather conditioner over the seat, since water could dry it out.

I hope this helps anyone who has a similar problem. :cheers:

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice tip and write up...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have access to a steamer for clothes that will work also. Put a thin towel on the seat to protect it and slowly run it across without stopping. You can use a steam iron but I would avoid it. You have to be extremely careful and it way too easy to mess up the seat with it.