HVAC buttons swap ( Single zone to dual zone ) 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djrelic247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I am brand new to the forum. I just picked up a 2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4. Regular cab.

I did do a thorough search through the forum before asking this question.

I have the center console, and RA3 8.4" touchscreen. I wanted to see if it were even possible to swap the HVAC controls from one that has the dual zone climate control?

I suspect I would need to get the radio flashed as well so it notices the new HVAC module.

Does anyone have access to StarParts, and/or has this even been attempted? The nice thing about this is the auto-on with remote start. It will heat/cool your vehicle to whatever it need to do in order to meet that temp. I do notice that during colder mornings now I will remote start my truck and it will automatically put the defrosters on and so fourth. But my model doesn't display the internal temp of the cab, which I believe would have to do with that module on the back of the other HVAC system.

Let me know guys.. here are some pictures:

this is mine:
skPYkct.jpg

this is the one I would like:
white-2013-ram-2500-interior-satellite-radio1.png

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
i would think theres more to it than just the dash parts, the piping to the floor might be different, 2 heaters? fans etc. i have no experience in this but it would seem like alot more then just swapping out the controls.

OP
OP
D

djrelic247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, that might be the case... I am on Chrysler Wiring Diagrams seeing what I can find out regarding these two systems. I'll need to touch base with one of my guys in parts to see if they can offer up a login for StarParts.

Thanks guys

EDIT:

I just bought one that came off a truck with only 20 miles on it. Bought it for $90.00 from ebay. I am willing to take the risk as a new one is $190.00. Worth a shot. But I will not be able to post the results until another 2-weeks, heading out to texas on a project.

In case you guys want to do after I confirm it works, here is the part number#:1UJ97DX9AE
http://www.wermopar.com/oem-part/ra...as/hvac/controls/dash-control-unit/1uj97dx9ae

Thanks -J

WhiteSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm pretty sure the dual zone has two actuators (one for driver, one for passenger) which means the single zone atc probably only has 1.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This question has come up several times through the years. Basically the answer is yes, but it would be super expensive and time consuming. Posts I have read stated a completely different AC head unit would be needed along with all the electronics and some harnesses and sensors. Unless you could do a swap from a wreck it would be well over 5 grand. Just not worth the time and expense. If you traded your present vehicle in for one with the system you want it would probably cheaper.

OP
OP
D

djrelic247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's been a while.

Yes I did install the new HVAC button layouts.

Everything works on the unit as everything else in the older unit except of course the passanger sides temp buttons, and the auto button. Pretty much all the new buttons. Only luxury it gave me was having both of my climate buttons on one side vs the other. I think it looks good, lol.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure the dual zone has two actuators (one for driver, one for passenger) which means the single zone atc probably only has 1.

Came here to post this ^^

Dual zone means two actuators, and two blend doors.

OP - your truck has only one actuator and one blend door...meaning that there is a lot more involved than just the "knobs" to be swapped. Sorry.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's been a while.

Yes I did install the new HVAC button layouts.

Everything works on the unit as everything else in the older unit except of course the passanger sides temp buttons, and the auto button. Pretty much all the new buttons. Only luxury it gave me was having both of my climate buttons on one side vs the other. I think it looks good, lol.

LOL NICE! I've thought about doing this too