Hypertech programmer quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
For $200 is the Hypertech box, any good for just calibrating for bigger tires and being an occasional scan tool?

Also are these units updateable?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought one to adjust for my bigger dia tires. It can also change gear ratio and yes it can be used as an error code reader. It comes with a USB cable to plug in home computer for updates which I had to do right out of box. It is married to your truck so it can’t be moved from vehicle to vehicle unless returned to stock settings. Instructions aren’t bad.

OP
OP

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Was there any difference performance wise when used for bigger tires. Like does the tranny shift different? If you used it for this purpose?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No difference in performance, I just wanted to keep my shift points accurate, I have the 8spd trans. I bought the programmer and had it ready for when I lifted my truck. I only drove it approx. 50 miles without it being corrected so I really couldn't give you a good answer on if you'll "feel it" or not.

My tire is a 37 but the manufacture states its 36.7 so I set it at 36.5 and it matched to my GPS app I downloaded. You might want to get a free GPS speedo app and compare it to your dash to see how far its off before spending $200