IHorsepower numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I’ve seen where they use the 6.4 intake on a 5.7. With injector adapters to run 5.7 injectors on 6.4 intake & claim 30hp increase with no tuning. And If its not flex fuel . You could run ff injectors with a 100 shot (dry) of go-go juice. That would add up to 130hp. The 6.4 intakes run about $500.00 + the injector adapters. & a dry nitrous kits about $600.00. I changed my 3rd gen injectors to ff injectors . Just so I can drive while I’m cleaning my stock injectors. No tuning runs fine no ce lights. I use my truck everyday for work. So no go-go juice. I’m in a emission state/city so I try not to do any tuning. Until my vehicle’s are exempt. So the 6.4 intake w/ff injectors & a shot of da gas. Might be the cheapest route for more HP. Just a suggestion no warranty implied !
I wouldn't run a dry nitrous set-up,especially on the stock tune.As long as you keep the shot to no more then 75,you can get away with the stock tune,colder plugs and keep 93/94 octane fuel in the tank.I know of guys running a 100 shot on the stock tune,but that's pushing it in my opinion.
Very seldom do you hear of a 5.7 blowing up while on a small shot of nitrous,plus it's easy to tune. The only guys who have issues with a 5.7 are the ones who boost them,even on 5/6 psi.Pretty well every week on the Hi-po pages you'll hear of somebody having issues with boost,either drivability / broken pistons or a rod poking through the block etc.
I have over 600 passes on a 75 shot on my truck,and have never touched the engine.I'd go nitrous way before i'd boost a 5.7,even if it's a built 5.7,as tuning one to live and be daily drivable seems to be a fairly common issue.
My wifes 6.4 Challenger has over 300 passes on a 50 shot with the stock tune.
Both are wet shots to,not dry

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I would listen to what these guys are telling you.
They have been there done that kind of scenario situation your talking about.
I got a chuckle out of the sticker comment in the beginning.

Daktoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 2016 reg cab shortbox 2wd hemi 8spd 3:21 geared. Was thinking throttle body, longtubes (probably ARH) muffler, 180 thermostat then a tune
Potentially cam next year (El Choppo) and driveshaft. As for tuners I see recommendations for hp tuners. Would.i need an unlocked pcm? Would like to.get into high 12's

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I've got a 2016 reg cab shortbox 2wd hemi 8spd 3:21 geared. Was thinking throttle body, longtubes (probably ARH) muffler, 180 thermostat then a tune
Potentially cam next year (El Choppo) and driveshaft. As for tuners I see recommendations for hp tuners. Would.i need an unlocked pcm? Would like to.get into high 12's
Save your money on the throttle body,you're along ways off needing a bigger tb.Little tidbit for you the 485 horse SRT 6.4's use the exact same tb,and even on them,the tb is one of the last mods you do. Put the throttle body money towards an unlocked PCM which you'll need for the long tubes / thermostat and tune.
Toronto's track gets some wicked da in the fall,and with the right cam and convertor combo with a lightweight 17" drag wheel package and a set of decent Mickey Thompson drag radial Street R's you should go 12's pretty easy .Throw a baby 75 shot of nitrous on it,and you should be knocking on the 11's

Daktoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Save your money on the throttle body,you're along ways off needing a bigger tb.Little tidbit for you the 485 horse SRT 6.4's use the exact same tb,and even on them,the tb is one of the last mods you do. Put the throttle body money towards an unlocked PCM which you'll need for the long tubes / thermostat and tune.
Toronto's track gets some wicked da in the fall,and with the right cam and convertor combo with a lightweight 17" drag wheel package and a set of decent Mickey Thompson drag radial Street R's you should go 12's pretty easy .Throw a baby 75 shot of nitrous on it,and you should be knocking on the 11's
Thanks, about the tuning??

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks, about the tuning??
I use Chris Zelinsky of Player 3 Tuning in Edmonton.He's strictly HP,and he used to have a tuner in your area,i'm not sure if he still does,but he does remote tuning if he doesn't.
He prefers phone calls if you decide to go with him,you can tell him Rick Wildman sent you