Im Frustrated!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twinzx11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So the other day, my brother, who lives in Tenn, took my truck to get a quote on these products shown below. When I got back from work, which im in Afghanistan, I checked my phone to see that he sent me a picture of the price quote from this guy. For the head lights to be installed he wanted 260, the rear lights 150 and top bed light 40. The drop kit 525, to mount the rims on the tires he wanted 225 I believe. The prices could be off a little bit but its close enough.
What do you guys think?
My brother said he told the man I was overseas and this is the discounted rate he gave me. I personally think he is trying to pull a face one on me.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.ramforum.com/picture.php?albumid=1713&pictureid=11163
http://www.ramforum.com/picture.php?albumid=1713&pictureid=11169
http://www.ramforum.com/picture.php?albumid=1713&pictureid=11168
http://www.ramforum.com/picture.php?albumid=1713&pictureid=11167
http://www.ramforum.com/picture.php?albumid=1713&pictureid=11166

Last edited:

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
He could be charging you later but allyou have there can be bought on ebay and you could do it yourself.

OP
OP
twinzx11

twinzx11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
He could be charging you later but allyou have there can be bought on ebay and you could do it yourself.

I wanted it done before I got home so I figured since the lights are so easy to install he would charge little to nothing for it. The drop kit and wheels I can see that being an ok price to charge.

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sounds kind of high to me, but I am a cheap *******.

$56.25ea. seems high to mount & balance tires.

I am not sure what is involved in the drop kit, but I was quoted $400.00 for a level kit, and that included the price of the kit, installation and an alignment.

If it was me, I would get another quote from a different place as a comparison.
Sometimes it also matters where you go, small town vs. big city.

ETA: Looking at your photos, I got the impression you already have these items and are just looking to have them installed,
and the prices you quoted are for installation only, correct?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Probably not far off on labor for the drop kit....he's lost his mind on the rest though.
I had tires mounted and balanced yesterday at 20 bucks each.
Tail lights are a 10 minute job max.....headlights aren't much longer than that as long as there's no HID's involved.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
get it driven to me ill do it a hell of alot cheaper!! hahaha

(EDIT: your to far... gazzz would cost to much!)

there must be another RF member who would wanna make some $$ for another mod to there RAM that lives close by and would help out someone who protects there country (even if we dont agree with all the reasons for the wars/being over seas etc)

Last edited:
OP
OP
twinzx11

twinzx11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Would be awesome if I had an experienced member do the work! Yeah I told my brother I would give that guy 700 for everything and not a dime more. I will just wait and do the lights myself since its such an easy task and wiukd take me 30 minus to do them all. Unless this other shop who quoted me 120 to mount the wheels will do everything for alot less.

ShortBed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 with Magnuson Supercharger 6lbs of boost
Wow what a great guy giving you a discount like that after putting your life on the line for us and him. If you lived up by me I would install them for you myself. God bless you and thanks for your service. He should be ashamed of himself even saying that. So pissed off when I read that sorry.

OP
OP
twinzx11

twinzx11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds kind of high to me, but I am a cheap *******.

$56.25ea. seems high to mount & balance tires.

I am not sure what is involved in the drop kit, but I was quoted $400.00 for a level kit, and that included the price of the kit, installation and an alignment.

If it was me, I would get another quote from a different place as a comparison.
Sometimes it also matters where you go, small town vs. big city.

ETA: Looking at your photos, I got the impression you already have these items and are just looking to have them installed,
and the prices you quoted are for installation only, correct?

That is correct. They are at my brothers house just waiting for someone to install it. I think I found a place abd they want to install all the lights for free as a thank you for my service!! :)

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That is correct. They are at my brothers house just waiting for someone to install it. I think I found a place abd they want to install all the lights for free as a thank you for my service!! :)

I was going to say somebody need to do these for free since your out there defending our country.
And thank you for your service.

Heads and tails are easy to instal.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Yeah, that place is trying to screw you!!!..

I wish you were closer I would have no problem helping installing all that stuff. I have many friends with that could put the lowering kit on and mount and balance the tires.

btw. I want to see those rims on your truck. There on my short list of wheels.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you for serving our country!

OP
OP
twinzx11

twinzx11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see what the truck looks like either. When I get home I will need to remove the step bars. And I also want to tint the windows. Next step is to do some research on interior paint. I really dont like the tan guts.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Where in TN is your brother and truck stuff located? when I am home from work I am around 1.5hrs from johnson city, TN. Those prices to install are outrageous. I personally think it'd be cool if you came home to your truck exactly how you wanted it so you could enjoy it. If your stuff is close to JC I would make a trip down and at least do all the lights and know a place down there for rims and tires.

OP
OP
twinzx11

twinzx11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Where in TN is your brother and truck stuff located? when I am home from work I am around 1.5hrs from johnson city, TN. Those prices to install are outrageous. I personally think it'd be cool if you came home to your truck exactly how you wanted it so you could enjoy it. If your stuff is close to JC I would make a trip down and at least do all the lights and know a place down there for rims and tires.

Thats BA man. He lives in Murfreesboro. Im not that fimilar with Tenn but if that is close I guess that would a great plan.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sadly Murfreesboro is about 4.5 hrs East of Johnson City. He's close to nashville which is about 5 hours from my hometown.

If he ever feels like road tripping or meeting up just shoot me a PM.

OP
OP
twinzx11

twinzx11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sadly Murfreesboro is about 4.5 hrs East of Johnson City. He's close to nashville which is about 5 hours from my hometown.

If he ever feels like road tripping or meeting up just shoot me a PM.

No problems but I certianly appreciate your help. I think this shop will do a good job for me. I just want it done right and not be treated like crap at the same time.