im lost.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Today on my way to pick kids up I got about 3 miles down the road and noticed my 2002 ram 1500 5.9L was extremely hot, So the first thing I do is turn heater on to relieve some heat off the engine. Well my heater us blowing colder air than my ac. Iv been having a problem with it blowing cool air when stopped or ideling but once I'm on the gas its warm now its just plain cold. I have changed tstat, flushed radiator and heater core. Truck is no longer running hot but heater still blowing cold air. Not sure what the problem is being I don'thave any fluid leaks or smell cooliant in the cab no rresidue on window so ddon't think core is bad. Any ideas what could be the problem cause it sure was a cold drive to work tonight with it being 27 degrees outside.

OP
OP
S

spydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Nope sure haven't didn't even think about that. However on my way home this morning I was messing with the settings and low fan I get warm. Air anything higher than that and it blows coolair also noticed the temp ggauge sits lower than it ussallaly does.

jf5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I would burp the system as soon as you can - sounds like you have air in the system. I just got done with this problem last night.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
*ding ding ding*

Jf called it, you have likely a MASSIVE air bubble in the system for it to overheat like that.

quadcab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Yep heater core is full of air.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When you burp it, put the passenger tire up on a curb / ramp.
Gets the Radiator cap higher than the rest of the system.

OP
OP
S

spydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Just burped it a lilwhile ago it has better heat now except for when I set it on high its justa lLil warm then. It should go ahead and straighten on out though. This had me really aggravated cause I have never had any major problems out of it except for the condenser fan and iv the only owner of this truckand its pushing231,000 miles on it and iI just started looking at doing major performance mods on it from the ground up. Thank for all halls help.