In Dash Fold Down Cup Holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RTom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My 01 had the dual cup holders that folded down from the dash underneath the radio area which was awesome for when I had people sitting in the center seat up front, they could still have leg room.

However, my new 06 Mega has the floor cup holder set up which is really just a pain. It is already cracked from people stepping on it, limits the leg room, and I can't even have drinks in it.

I have seen other 06s with the fold down cup holder in them. I was wondering if it was something that'd be easy to swap in, or how much would be involved (hoping not a full dash swap).

Any ideas/input/advice you guys have is greatly appreciated!!

RTom

OP
OP
RTom

RTom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I figured it out, pretty simply actually. I was able to remove the floor console/cupholders (pop out the plastic trays, remove 3 bolts), and then the other two plastic trim pieces just popped right out.

I picked up the drop down cup holder and bottom trim pieces off of an 06 that had been rolled. I think it worked out really well, the only issue being the holes that were cut in the carpet. It really does help in the leg/foot room department. Whereas before with the floor mounted cup holders you couldn't really have your feet in front of you comfortably, you now can (with the cup holder up). It will at least suffice for when I have 6 people in my truck.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 895
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 127
  • photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 548

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You could always buy a new carpet. They are only a couple hundred bucks, and you'd be amazed at how they 'refresh' the interior of a truck.

Get you a roll of sound deadening if you do.

OP
OP
RTom

RTom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yep, carpet is definitely the next step. The truck is in need of a good thorough cleaning either way so I want to make sure I have plenty of time so I can scrub everything.

Any recommendations on sound deadener?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are quite a few manufactures out there anymore. Long long ago, I ordered a TON of B-quiet mat from some place in Canada. I'm still using it like 6 vehicles later.

I personally like the butyle based stuff, not asphalt. It doesn't stink while it outgases.
It really depends how 'into it' you want to get Raamatt (I think?) and some others have some trick multi-layer deadener, but it'd be a pretty lengthy install.

OP
OP
RTom

RTom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks WhiteExpress!

Any recommendations on replacement carpet, or pretty much just any OEM will work?

I'm torn between going back with the dark grey like it is now or a black to help hied stains better...

hemihank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think black would show stains worse, similar to a black car getting dirty as heck. I would go with the dark grey/charcoal probably, but black would be good too.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca