Install: Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Low Beams **UPDATED WITH NIGHT PICTURES**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you replacing the highs for actual performance or just so they are white? I only ask because HID's in the low's with the projector put out a lot of light when you switch on the high beams

Honestly, for both reasons, but more function than form though.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'm done with this thread, we "WERE!" Talk about OPT7 now who knows WTF is going on

pkrexer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here are some pics of my fluxbeam X's in my eBay projectors.

Low beam:
tlKLifX.jpg

High beam:
i2LBLDw.jpg

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Honestly, they look sweet head on but they don't really bright up what I thought. So I'm going to return them and order from the auto led off Facebook. That guy has a ram and he has a full set up he sells and they are dumb bright, they brighten up further than the led as well and they are hid
498e7a1c5990bf1873d0d483e7a0c840.jpg

That's pic is hid low on top and led highs from him. Guaranteed to work w canbus as well.
a47003ad389c909a512684a5f7872fe7.jpg

Those are my leds. I think they aren't as good as the hid. The kit is more but worth it in my opinion. What are your guys thoughts on the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got in touch with "the auto led" guy as well. . Great prices, superb customer service... I'll be ordering from him soon for the HID lows and fogs. Thanks for the heads up on his site.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got in touch with "the auto led" guy as well. . Great prices, superb customer service... I'll be ordering from him soon for the HID lows and fogs. Thanks for the heads up on his site.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Mine shipped today, expedited, should be here Monday or Tuesday and I'll get them in asap and show you guys the difference between the leds now and the hids he sent me

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine shipped today, expedited, should be here Monday or Tuesday and I'll get them in asap and show you guys the difference between the leds now and the hids he sent me

Let me get those LEDs lol

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Are you selling your opt7 bulbs?

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I looked at them even this morning, they are correct placing. 3 and 9 o'clock. Honestly all the stuff I have read today, people with the rebel put leds in and they said they weren't happy with how the light wasn't made out to be. They did the hids and they had so much better positive things to say about them. My hids should be here next Monday or Tuesday. When I get them installed, I'll post pics of real driving like I did and we will all see the comparison, from the same truck and same place which is hard to find.

You are gonna be way happier with the HIDs. I have run both LED and HIDs and like others have stated, the technology just isn't there yet. LEDs are great in their respective applications, I.e a light bar of some nice taillights. To realistically expect improved lighting with a clean cut off and actual throw, HIDs are tried and true proven to work magic in a projector housing. LEDs just can't do that yet. There are a few guys here that are die hard for these OPT7s for whatever reason , my guess because they are very bright head on and within the scatter of the light output area which isn't much . With CANBUS adapters installation is pretty basic for HIDs as well. No rocket science degree needed as some people have eluded to thinking is involved with running these things [emoji23][emoji23]

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me get those LEDs lol

I'd sell them to ya but I'm getting a full refund from them. Unless you wanna pay the price they are giving me lol

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are gonna be way happier with the HIDs. I have run both LED and HIDs and like others have stated, the technology just isn't there yet. LEDs are great in their respective applications, I.e a light bar of some nice taillights. To realistically expect improved lighting with a clean cut off and actual throw, HIDs are tried and true proven to work magic in a projector housing. LEDs just can't do that yet. There are a few guys here that are die hard for these OPT7s for whatever reason , my guess because they are very bright head on and within the scatter of the light output area which isn't much . With CANBUS adapters installation is pretty basic for HIDs as well. No rocket science degree needed as some people have eluded to thinking is involved with running these things [emoji23][emoji23]

Yeah I cannot wait to get them and see how they look, pics don't really do justice compared to real eyes

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'd sell them to ya but I'm getting a full refund from them. Unless you wanna pay the price they are giving me lol

I think im gonna just go with the Morimoto XB hid kit and do led as the high beam.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
How do you know the led's will fit for the highs? Honestly just order your hid kit from retro shop. You will go have the best customer service with him.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How do you know the led's will fit for the highs? Honestly just order your hid kit from retro shop. You will go have the best customer service with him.
Thats my plan... to order the hid kit from retroshop but as for thr high beam i plan to just get an led bulb with thr braided heat sinks so i know itl fit.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think im gonna just go with the Morimoto XB hid kit and do led as the high beam.

Better off doing hid imo. Had hid in my car and loved them

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Here is my opinion, and take it for what it is worth. Once you have hid's in the lows and as long as you have the ability that the cutoff drops for highs there is no need to upgrade your highs unless you are worried about them being White like the lows but technically other drivers should never see your highs for it to matter. What I'm saying is when you switch to highs and the cutoff drops it overpowers the highs so no need to upgrade

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Ding ding ding!

When the shield drops these things are stupid bright.

And I will say hid's are even better in aftermarket projectors that are made for hid's vs the oem projectors that are made for halogen, but I will say the cut off still works that you are not blinding other drivers