Installed Opt-7 Tailgate Bar - Left turn is wonky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bretthays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

So I just installed the Opt-7 tailgate bar using the Curt 5 wire harness and the left turn acts strange. I'm wondering if that could be due to having incandescent bulbs in the tail lights still? I have had Alpharex LED Tail lights on order for three weeks now, hoping that might solve the problem? With using the Curt harness I'm pretty confident it's not a wiring issue. I have Alfaobd but I didn't think I could really change it to LED until I got the new tail lights?

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
More likely a problem with the opt-7.

5isalive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my 2017 I had to get their tow package module to get it to work properly. No idea why, this was with their triple LED bar that has the turn signals like yours. It was only turning left that would go crazy like that also.

OP
OP
bretthays

bretthays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 2017 I had to get their tow package module to get it to work properly. No idea why, this was with their triple LED bar that has the turn signals like yours. It was only turning left that would go crazy like that also.
You know, I wondered about that. The bar itself started working normally, but I am getting parking light out errors on the cluster all the time and haven't been able to figure out the source. Maybe I'll grab that module too just to eliminate one more possible cause.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Not sure why the module would be needed or do anything as the light circuits in the 7 pin trailer plug are isolated from the taillight circuits. They are turned on/off via relays inside the PDM(fuse box) direct from the battery.

5isalive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know it made no since to me, i didn't have any errors on my cluster it just didn't work correctly. When I wired mine I even used the curt harness also. Have had mine since 2018.