Installing leds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMC_Ram909

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am going to be tackling two projects soon, installing leds for the floor board and installing flush mount pods.

For the flush mounts I wanted to get some suggestions on wiring. I saw another member tied them into the reverse lights and also the cargo light. I want to do the same but is there anyway specific I need to wire this? I am def not experienced in wiring so any tips will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you just wire the lights to a reverse signal you'll be fine. The lights won't be on long enough to need to worry about a relay system.

If you were to wire them directly to a switch then you would want to set up a relay harness for it.

Or you could even wire up a three position switch like the rigid flush mount lights come with.
Switch position 1 - only reverse
Switch position 2 - always off
Switch position 3 - always on

OP
OP
U

USMC_Ram909

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to the lights to come on during reverse and also on the cargo switch to work as a**hole lights

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I want to the lights to come on during reverse and also on the cargo switch to work as a**hole lights

This was my thinking as wee as acting as approach lights when I unlock the truck. It works great.