Interesting observations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I'm in the process of building a hemi for my 2012 ram. Having trouble finding info relating to what bolts to throw and which to keep. The other problem is finding accurate torque values. Don't want to shovel out hundreds for a shop manual. Yes, in some cases I'm cheap.
I've looked into the emanualonline and it has the hallmarks of a scam.

So, I got the engine all torn down and one thing struck me as a puzzle. The front main bearing bolt that would be closest to the oil filter had some gooey sludge built up on it. It was so thick that I had to pull on it firmly to get it out.. Interestingly, that bolt hole goes right into the oil gallery at the front of the engine. Got me thinking, is there a correlation between a "sludge" build up over time that is contributing to the cam failures? The engine is relatively clean and the bearings do not show any signs of wear. The teflon patch on the pistons are a bit worn but, they are getting reused.
The sludge build up was reminiscent of the old 2.6 mitsubishi with its "oil waxing" problem. But, that was a unique issue because of oil quality and temperature.
I have taken photos but I don't know how to send them from my phone to my laptop.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So, I'm in the process of building a hemi for my 2012 ram. Having trouble finding info relating to what bolts to throw and which to keep. The other problem is finding accurate torque values. Don't want to shovel out hundreds for a shop manual. Yes, in some cases I'm cheap.

So, I got the engine all torn down and one thing struck me as a puzzle. The front main bearing bolt that would be closest to the oil filter had some gooey sludge built up on it. It was so thick that I had to pull on it firmly to get it out.. Interestingly, that bolt hole goes right into the oil gallery at the front of the engine. Got me thinking, is there a correlation between a "sludge" build up over time that is contributing to the cam failures? The engine is relatively clean and the bearings do not show any signs of wear. The teflon patch on the pistons are a bit worn but, they are getting reused.
The sludge build up was reminiscent of the old 2.6 mitsubishi with its "oil waxing" problem. But, that was a unique issue because of oil quality and temperature.
I have taken photos but I don't know how to send them from my phone to my laptop.
Go to your local Crappy Tire and buy a Chiltons manual,it's not the best ,but it's better then nothing

OP
OP
H

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the opinions on All data these days?

StuS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
charm.li has service manuals for vehicles up to 2014. Including torque values at no cost

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Check this link for a service manual, compliments of DILLIGAF. The 2013-2016 should be the same as 2012.

You have 2 options;

Email them to yourself as attachments or connect your phone to your PC.

Use a USB A to USB C cable for most recent Android phones or a USB A to Lightening cable for an iPhone.

A charge cable that adapts to USB A will work.

Open windows explorer, locate your phone, and you will find the pics. Copy them to your preferred location on your PC.