Interior chrome accents SUCK - who has changed it out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gypsy400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
two pieces of electrical tape are your best friend....
Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do, just going to take my time so it doesn't look too cheesy.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're talking about the 40/20/40 split front bench with the fold down center console right? It does come apart. Start by taking out the four screws that hold the top to the bottom.(Hinge) Then take out the four screws that hold the hinge on to the top. They have alignment nipples, so it's idiot proof. The trim piece underneath with the foam in the middle. Stick your hands in there and that square will pop out. There are several tabs that have to come unclipped. Once the square trim piece is out of the way. There are two screws that hold the chrome handle to the latch assembly. You can continue to unscrew everything and wrap the other trim. I wrapped the chrome piece with the striker assembly together. It gave me a handle to help wrap it. Phillips screw driver. T15 and T20.

Last edited:

wildkarde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As you can see in my poorly rotated photo, I pulled my dash apart and plastidipped everything to match my interior accent lighting.

Didn't realize how badly the contrast of the tan dash, steering wheel, and center console would be.

Planning on breaking it down again and going all black instead. Hardest part are the vent trim. But with a plastic autobody tool or a flathead screwdriver and some patience they come right out. The rest is like 4 screws and a little painters tape and you can be rid of the interior shine.

Attachments

• IMG-20170619-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20170619-WA0002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
Grant211

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've added a few chrome accents including chrome windshield wipers. Hasn't bothered me one bit even when it does reflect at me a little. My fiancée has chrome interior trim in her Journey and I've had no issues with it either. I think most people are just anti chrome right now. I like my Ram to have that Denali appeal even if its just a cheap Big Horn.

Lol. It bothered me.

Hence the reason I started the thread.

I'm not anti chrome. I just don't like it bothering me while I drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if the fold down center seat console can be disassembled?? Its The only chrome in the whole interior and it drives me friggin nuts!!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I used a small piece of vinyl wrap and wrapped the chrome handle on my fold down center console.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca