IS IT TIME 5.7 TO GET DROPPED ???

do you think CHRYSLER need to drop the 5.7 hemi

• 5.7 hemi is ok in ram1500

Votes: 85 73.3%
  • TIME FOR CHANGE !!!! need more power to keep up with competition

Votes: 32 27.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CfoxRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well people I love the ram trucks and have owned many, I agree the Hemi is a great motor and never had an issue with but granted I trade in every two years. I purchased my first Cummins in 2018 and if you love Ram but disappointed in the power of the Hemi then I promise you won’t be disappointed if you get the Cummins and the MPG is AWSOME to boot. Just my opinion.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Both of these statements would seem to be false, seeing as the GME T6 is going into the Wagoneers next year, and in the challengers and chargers for 2024.

Naturally, our first instinct was to reach out to Dodge, with a spokesperson telling CarScoops the following:

“[We haven’t] spoken to any of those outlets. The Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger vehicle platforms as you know them today, along with the Hellcat powertrain, will continue production through 2023. In 2024, Dodge will transition to new platforms, new electrified muscle cars (the next generation of that platform will be a BEV, which will be shown in concept-car form Q1 or Q2 2022). We will release additional details in regard to our future Dodge product plans over the next 24 months.”

Developing and releasing a new gas engine for a year or two, all while investing in electric powertrains and platforms, is akin to a media group making plans to transition from paper to the internet yet devoting precious funds in a spanking new printing machine. It makes zero sense.

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4- 3:73- 6 Speed
I’ve owned 15,17 and 19 ram with 5.7
Also we have owned 17,19,21 f150s
17 was a 5.0 19 was a 2.7 and 21 is 3.5
I guess my fuel bills lying to me.
Fords been best selling truck on the market for how many years. And they have had how many engine options for there Half tons
Mean while rams has ran the same engine since 2010. So yes your right Probaly more 5.7s on the road. Ticking everywhere they go.
I hear ya on the ticking but it's not limited to Hemi's. Ford has been notorious for engine ticks for 15 years or more. I had an 05 F-150 with a 5.4 v8 that ticked for 150K miles. Drove several F-150 work trucks in the late 90's through 2005 and they all ticked. My 2017 F-150 Ecoboost also ticked. Hopefully if you still have your 21 3.5 they've worked out all the issues my 17 had.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Well, here ya go...........

Since we are primarily visual creatures, to me this thing is inherently ugly. Looks like a Go Bot (remember those?). But I'm not the primary target demographic anymore.

Annnnnnnnnnnd....the 2022 "Truck of the Year" is off to a blazing start -

"Rivian lost $1.2B on $1M in sales in its first quarterly earnings as a public company. Still, the electric-truck maker confirmed plans to build a $5B Georgia plant."

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I found this quote from the motortrend truck-of-the-year article hilarious :
The result also skillfully demonstrates that enormous grilles aren't a necessary element of good truck design.

Don't judge me but I stopped reading at that point.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I found this quote from the motortrend truck-of-the-year article hilarious :

Don't judge me but I stopped reading at that point.

What's to judge? Serious engines require serious airflow cooling.
Wannabe media engineers, not so serious. Motor trend used to be halfway decent. Not much is anymore.
This Forum is still pretty damn useful, though.

AJNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The straight 6 can't pass the emissions requirements which is the reason the Big Three done away with them.
The dealer told me Chrysler modified the 5.7 by directing a greater flow to the lifters for 2021. I was the dealers first 2021 to come into the service department.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The dealer told me Chrysler modified the 5.7 by directing a greater flow to the lifters for 2021. I was the dealers first 2021 to come into the service department.

Hmmmm....so it's not "normal" and "not a lubrication issue"?

After 18 years of this crap they finally cave in, as if we were too stupid before to realize there was a lubrication design error?

Two years before the engine is discontinued?

Sounds like a customer-focused corporation to me! Then again, not many are anymore with all the takeovers that they did.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

First I hear of it and I think I'm going to need some better proof than whatever came out of your dealers mouth, they'll say anything to anybody.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Attachments

• dewey-defeats-truman.jpg
    dewey-defeats-truman.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 2

67440dodge

Military
Reaction score
I've said it a thousand times, why does anyone buy a Mopar and brag on other brands? If the others are better, stick with them. That question will NEVER be answered!
Sash was banned from the F150 forums for doing the exact opposite... bragging how great Mopar Hemi was compared to Ford's motors..

Underpowered? Bone stock my 2012 Tradesman 5.7L was pulling better 1/4 times than most 60's muscle cars at the 2013 Mopar Atlantic Nationals where it came in second place to another 5.7 Ram, but he was modded a bit and had back window full of win stickers for Englishtown (may it RIP).

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've said it a thousand times, why does anyone buy a Mopar and brag on other brands? If the others are better, stick with them. That question will NEVER be answered!
I have a partial answer for you: some of these are very likely misrepresenting their ownership credentials and hiding their jealousy, or their tribalist loyalty to a competitive product. All auto sites have them and the main point is to rely on or develop myth to denigrate the product (or the intelligence of owners) hoping to depress enthusiasm and alter popularity.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 062808 miles.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I pray to the Mopar Gods I am wrong

Doesn't make any sense to not have a V8. Replace the V6 maybe, but as long as the hemi passes emissions why would they replace the hemi with something with less power (it looks like the 'non performance' model will not be a hemi-topper). Go through the cash outlay of emissions testing, crash testing, etc. for the new powertrain to be less competitive than GMC/Chevy or Ford on the powertrain front? Why?

67440dodge

Military
Reaction score
I have a partial answer for you: some of these are very likely misrepresenting their ownership credentials and hiding their jealousy, or their tribalist loyalty to a competitive product. All auto sites have them and the main point is to rely on or develop myth to denigrate the product (or the intelligence of owners) hoping to depress enthusiasm and alter popularity.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 062808 miles.
Just my opinion, but some are YouTube streamers who get income from people visiting their site. Like this guy sash, obviously from the work that has gone into a video or 2 I briefly looked at he is hitting various sites to stoke viewership of his vids, which generate income. A F150 forum had another like him, documented every upgrade to his current gen F150, then basically challenged Ford to fight him on the warranty claim, thinking the blower could not cause the rod to ventilate the block while drag racing.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but some are YouTube streamers who get income from people visiting their site. Like this guy sash, obviously from the work that has gone into a video or 2 I briefly looked at he is hitting various sites to stoke viewership of his vids, which generate income. A F150 forum had another like him, documented every upgrade to his current gen F150, then basically challenged Ford to fight him on the warranty claim, thinking the blower could not cause the rod to ventilate the block while drag racing.
I pay attention to none of them. I have 46 years of experience with Mopar, the pros and cons, they "all" have them. I believe my own experience over everyone else's. If you can't trust yourself who can you trust? I've heard it all, keeps my ears cleaned out! LOL

Last edited:

SouthernBornRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hard to be "RAM TUFF" with a useless Ford Aluminum body....smh smh...
and Yes I have a Ford truck at work so I can talk about them....js
Hemi is STILL the best option period.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some of the "please subscribe to my channel" type are seeking public recognition, and to prove their superiority and feed an ego by displaying their skills because they can't act, sing or dance. Some are very good diagnosticians, but then use their platform to inject shots of the wife, kids, the dog, providing the cover of normalcy to hide their particular product bias. I'm sure I haven't seen them all, but oddly the one that sticks out in my mind for being the most objective and honest is a Ford tech.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 062822 miles.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Hence the reason I didn't mention RAM either. Just pointing out it is coming and sooner than later. None of the current engines will meet the emissions standards currently set for 2026MY and now the EPA states they have a new proposal which is even more stringent than that, 10% over 2023MY and 5% every year after. Also the EPA lumps light duty and medium platform vehicles into the same category so what hits one gets the other. My guess it will happen whether it's embraced or not, capable engines or not. Their not doing this because they want to, their doing to it because they have to and it will also save money in the long run. Their doing what the others are, prepping for zero emissions.
Worse, past sales figures show that despite loud hollering and angry typing when changes are proposed (dropping manual, dropping cylinders, etc.) more often than not sales stay the same or grow after the changes are made so manufacturers are getting bolder.

Until the mid 90's Ford was very conservative with changes to the F-150. With every revision since Ford seems to be emboldened to push the customers to accept more extreme changes at an ever increasing pace, and they're happy to without those that don't want the changes. RAMs recent focus seems to be funneling buyers between 1500, 2500, and 3500.