Is Penzoil Platinium good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Castrol Edge top shelf oil, I would use that in a second.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Castrol Edge top shelf oil, I would use that in a second.
Are you talking black or gold bottle? I've heard the black bottle has some good PAO base. I wasn't that impressed with the gold bottle.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CostaRam

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ra,newbie,
i told the guys to use Edge Professional in the golden bottle,
but then i came back i found the balck bottle in my car...
Some people don't listen what i am saying...

I run Edge black bottle on my Explorer for the last 9 years and he is purring like a kitten,
however, i guess Professional is better but the difference on one OC is marginal.
Chris

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
According to Castrol's website the black bottle 5/30 has a higher HT/HS than the gold bottle extended performance. I had forgot about the professional series Castrol, we even have some of that in the store. The professional series is geared more towards European cars, I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CostaRam

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I guess that the EURO oils are mainly designed for the european extended OCI of 7-10k.
Also, common, European engines are 1-2 liter common rail or gas turbo charged if high HP and they run much more faster than traditional US engines.
While i cruise around 2000 rpm at 60mph with my Hemi, a normal europen car has 3000+ rpy at 70 miles.
Chris