Jump Pack ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
What brand jump pack have you used and liked ?
Would like to stay under $100.00 US as I may buy 2 , 1 for RAM 1 for my car
Yes I have been reading on line reviews but who know who writes them lol
Like to hear from real people lol
Thanks

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great minds think alike... Well wife says im a retard but that works as well... hahahahha :dogpile:
I edited my comment, I forgot I got the X version because they charge over usb c so one less different cord to bring.

Also, I think you're either calling me a great mind or special needs, and honestly on any given day I'd be in both categories, so thank you!

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Get a NOCO they come on sale regularly on Amazon.

I got the GB70, but the GB40 is a verry good one as well.
Thanks.. I have been looking at the NORCO GB40.. Has good reviews,
But online reviews can sometime not be misleading lol
That is why I ask here to talk with real people lol

THANK YOU everyone for your input !

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have the Noco GB70.Mines going on 7 years old and gets alot of use at the track.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TRAVELMAN T6 Car Jump Starter with Air Compressor, 4000A 160PSI 26800mAh Portable Jump Box Tire Inflator (All Gas/10.0L Diesel), 12V Car Jump Booster Battery Pack for Car,Truck,Boat,Bike https://a.co/d/2xeveeU

Don't have this one,but it has good reviews and an onboard compressor. I have it on my Amazon Xmas list so if no one in my family gets it for me I'll pick it up after Christmas. I have a compressor in my truck for my load lifter 5000 ultimate plus air bags for towing and for emergencies. Back in September I went to a doctor's appointment and got a screw in my tire apparently as I pulled in. When I came out I could hear the air escaping. Patched and hooked up compressor but my Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs are E rated and on the truck so took over half an hour to get to 30 lbs. Finished filling at home on normal compressor. This combo has good reviews for its compressor and jumpstart capabilities.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks a lot everyone,, All very helpful

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Clore Automotive JNC 770, and it has served me well over the years. Plus I use it for bench testing 12v DC items.

1702470754568.jpeg

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 CC Sport Copperhead Pearl & 2011 1500 CC Sport Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ 8 speed ~ 5.7 Hemi w/ 6 speed
Thanks.. I have been looking at the NORCO GB40.. Has good reviews,
But online reviews can sometime not be misleading lol
That is why I ask here to talk with real people lol

THANK YOU everyone for your input !

Sounds like you may have pick up a GB40. I have really liked mine. I bought 2 last Christmas, and I'm glad I did! I also use it when snowmobiling, it has come in handy for charging cell phones... But the best use was when my son's alternator went out on his truck last year. I connected it and secured it under the hood and drove the truck home 4 miles. We just made it but it was better than changing the alternator in a parking lot in February.

So as you can image I felt, like I put mine to the test and it pass with flying colors. I also use there trickle chargers for my snowmobiles. The batteries can be a pain to get to so the chargers have the same connection as this unit, so nothing has to be taken a part to Jump the sleds if needed. So far I have not needed it for that but nice knowing it's ready to go if I do.

srtram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/etorque
Get a NOCO they come on sale regularly on Amazon.

I got the GB70, but the GB40 is a verry good one as well.
I've been using Noco for years and love them. I've purchased numerous GB40's and 1 GB70. The GB70 is a beast and recommended for larger applications like trucks, performance engines, etc.

Jd3443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L etorque
I have purchased two of these. One for my personal vehicle and one for my work vehicle. The work one has jumped off so many vehicles I couldn’t even tell you the number of times it’s been used. It’s worked flawlessly every time and is currently $69, normally it’s $169, but they are knocking $100 off.

Limited-time deal: MOSTOOL M6 3000A Peak Car Battery Jump Starter Battery Pack, Portable Jumper Box, Battery Booster Start, 12V Car Battery Charger and Jumper Cables for 10.0L Gas and 8.0L Diesel Engines https://a.co/d/7fab1oh

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have mixed reviews on all Battery Jump Packs.
On most gas engines, the Amps don't have to be much over 1000 to get a good crank and start on a truely "dead" battery.
However, Diesels require some extra, extra grunt.
The Noco GBX150 is a very good unit. Keep it charged every 30 days and it'll work just fine.
Just as good ... maybe the best as it goes a LOOOOONG time without a charge and holds enough juice to start a dead 7.3 Liter Diesel, is the Truck PAC 3000 Peak Amp by Clore.
That said ... do NOT buy the AVAPOW. I bought the 6000 amp unit, it only worked 1 out of 6 different attempts. It's charged every month and will start any Gas engine (although the gas engines were small with low amp needs), but any Diesel and it failed all but one time.
They sent me a replacement after complaining on-line about their product, and that had the same results.

My two jumps worth.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Sounds like you may have pick up a GB40. I have really liked mine. I bought 2 last Christmas, and I'm glad I did! I also use it when snowmobiling, it has come in handy for charging cell phones... But the best use was when my son's alternator went out on his truck last year. I connected it and secured it under the hood and drove the truck home 4 miles. We just made it but it was better than changing the alternator in a parking lot in February.

So as you can image I felt, like I put mine to the test and it pass with flying colors. I also use there trickle chargers for my snowmobiles. The batteries can be a pain to get to so the chargers have the same connection as this unit, so nothing has to be taken a part to Jump the sleds if needed. So far I have not needed it for that but nice knowing it's ready to go if I do.
I am thinking that myself,, Just put 4 tires sensors in the truck so thats my budget for the month :) But the month is about a week longer lol But thinking the GB70

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wanna play. Got this not too long ago on amazon on sale. Have not used it. Supposed to have some cranking power at 6000 but you know how that goes. Also good for emergency flash light and emergency gadget charging as most are. It's says imported from Germany but made in Chinnnaaa.

And it's easily a 5 HP gain just for having it in the truck lol.

Screenshot_20231221_214642_Amazon Shopping.jpg