Just installed Moe's 87mm Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Zero supporting mods, and after just 10 miles, its great!

Ive read a bunch of articles on throttle bodies. That's the reason l question the evaluation. Maybe everything he is saying is right on the money, and maybe it the placebo effect. From what l understand, you can get "The Petal Commander Effect" from an aftermarket throttle body.

It's just a little too neat, and easy.

Now the guy that did a TB, CAI, and a Tuner..... l am much more inclined to believe those results.

Now that response, I can understand better.
What's wrong with neat and easy?
Reading a bunch of articles to actual first hand experience. I'll take first hand experience.

But I'm a tactile learner and to be expected. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone 7+

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
First off, what fast shipping! I couldn't believe how quickly it got here. The install took less than 5 minutes, and the product was perfect. Have only driven about 10 miles so far, but here is what I have observed:
-throttle response is definitely better
-it feels smoother and cleaner through the acceleration curve
-it eliminated that slight stutter mine had under light load
-responds out of the hole much quicker, regardless of light throttle or WOT
-under WOT, it pulls faster and smoother through the mid-range
-just flat out rev's

Overall, I am extremely pleased with this throttle body. It makes the truck easier and just plain smoother to drive. I would recommend it to anyone. On a side note, with all of the threads on catch cans and sludge buildup in the throttle body, at 9100 miles, my stock throttle body was spotless. I kind of expected to see it gummed up on the inside a little bit.
You still liking it after rolling with it for a few days now?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO
I think it is one piece of a "puzzle" so to speak. Other pieces might be, aftermarket exhaust, CAI, tune, 180* stat, juice, headers, gears, heads, cam----the list can go on and on. The greatest single mod that will probably give you the "most", standing alone, would be either a pro-charger or a supercharger. The other mods listed above, standing alone are not going to make your truck go out and do wheel stands, however all of them working together, I think you will "feel" quite a difference and your truck will definitely perform a lot better. I think when you want to start doing dyno tests on each and every individual mod you install, your going to be disappointed. As has been said many many times, the dyno is not the true test, the true test is the time slip you get after you finish the 1/8 or 14 mile. That is the test that shows not only how much "power" you have but also shows your ability to put it on the ground.
Jay

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
I have been considering one of these because I think it is a mod I would like because of the throttle response and acceleration. I already have a cai and exhaust so I think it would add a little more to those. Plus, according to Matt, no tune required and I know it would help but I don't plan on a tuner for now. Not trying to make a drag truck just something fun to drive and haul with.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also depends on how big the opening is to the upper intake manifold- if the factory is smaller and the aftermarket is ported to match then yes it will definetly help. I had a 5.0 mustang and we ported the upper intake to match the 80 or 85 mm throttle body "can't quite remember"fed by the bbk CAI - that thing had the best throttle response in the world- having parts that match up to allow a smooth seamless transition of air flow really do help.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pull, and Rat said what l think.

Can't beat a time slip. Internet butt dyno, no so much.

OP
OP
Firebird

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
What other mods do you have paired with the Moe's tb?

I had a Sprint Throttle Booster sitting around from my Cummins and decided to try it to see if it would work on the Hemi. Sure enough, it works! Combined with the throttle body, they are a great package together, Truck responds crazy fast now! If the Sprint had not worked, would have ordered the Pedal Commander to try it.

OP
OP
Firebird

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Add the Peddle Commander with your TB and experience a new world of driving. :roflsquared:

That's exactly what I had planned to do, but since I already had the Sprint booster, I just went ahead and plugged it in.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just picked one up from here used. Put it on today and noticed a difference right away in throttle response. All I have is custom exhaust,CIA,throttle body and 4.56 gears.

2016 RAM 2500 6.4 HEMI

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ported or Bored TB (bored is better) without headers or cam is not going to matter much over stock. A tune will accomplish the pedal commander effect plus some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Ported or Bored TB (bored is better) without headers or cam is not going to matter much over stock. A tune will accomplish the pedal commander effect plus some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Ported 87mm (Moes). Yes definitely need a tune. Already habe the Trinity from my 1500 just need PCM most likely will be getting HEMIFEVER tune.