Just Ordered Ram Classic in Robin Egg Blue - Questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it's an awesome color myself

image-1.jpg

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Buzz colors in the factory are planned ( by Mfg., the Product Team, and Sales & Marketing) and so is the changeover in the paint shop to reduce cost. Each factory (Paint Shop) is different and some can accommodate the color change (with mini-systems or equivalent) more efficiently than others. Some shops do not necessarily have to run colors in batch because they have cartridge (or similar) systems in paint. Each time you change a color it requires a purge on all of the equipment to changeover. A cartridge (or similar) system removes most of this inefficiency. The interior trim colors in Assembly are matched Just in Time (JIT) coming out of paint. There are many other options but won't go into detail here. The Paint Shop typically drives most of the energy costs in any given Assembly Plant, hence the focus on minimizing waste.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Propman

Propman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dealer said that the Saltillo factory has done runs of less than 10 near the end of the model year- last year he said they did 4 of one color.

Fingers crossed

Reactions: JB1

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Dealer said that the Saltillo factory has done runs of less than 10 near the end of the model year- last year he said they did 4 of one color.

Fingers crossed
Just looked at the Ram build site. The "classic" is built at WTAP or Warren Truck Assembly Plant or in the old days Dodge City. Robin's Egg Blue is a production color just low volume. You should be fine may have to wait a bit. These low volume colors would not be offered if they were not planned, which they are. Good luck hope the wait is not so long. Usually these work through the system in a couple of months or less.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just looked at the Ram build site. The "classic" is built at WTAP or Warren Truck Assembly Plant or in the old days Dodge City. Robin's Egg Blue is a production color just low volume. You should be fine may have to wait a bit. These low volume colors would not be offered if they were not planned, which they are. Good luck hope the wait is not so long. Usually these work through the system in a couple of months or less.
He ordered a regular cab, so his is coming from Saltillo.

mboymopar

MOPAR
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport
Engine
345 HEMI
When I got out of the Army, the company I worked for color was robin blue.
Ever two years they ordered 10 F150.
Took about 9 months for the Ford dealer to get them.
This was in the early 80,s

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol this whole time I was under the impression we were talking about this color blue... Apperently the one I’ve been after is ceramic blue..

View attachment 157518

So what's that badge on the door under the "RAM 1500" stack? A "Rocky Mountain Edition" or "Bonafide Bro Dozer" badge?

TXCOMT

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
So what's that badge on the door under the "RAM 1500" stack? A "Rocky Mountain Edition" or "Bonafide Bro Dozer" badge?

TXCOMT

Lol, no idea, pulled this image off the web

guyc66

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's an interesting color for a RAM truck......don't think I have ever seen one in my neck of the woods. It definitely stands out in the crowd.robin egg.jpg

james.price.58

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was called 'Chief' blue on the Wrangler...great color!cb375550977957fd99d29a5684d51905.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk