Katzkin Electronics issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scevrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hello everyone. My Ram is a 2018, and I purchased it two years back.

A previous owner had Katzkin with heat and cooling installed. Not sure when or where.

Within the last month, I noticed a noise when turning on the heater or cooler on the drivers' side. The heater/cooler still worked, but the noise persisted. I asked my mechanic to look at it. He said it is most likely a fan on the bottom of the seat, and there was nothing he could do for me. This could be true, but it certainly sounds like the 'crackling' sounds is coming from the console, to the left of the passenger side heater/cooler switch.

Yesterday, the heater/cooler is not functioning at all. This is true for both the driver and passenger side. It won't even turn on.

This seems a bit odd to me, because it seems the driver and passenger side are completely seperate units.

I'm in Ottawa, Canada, so there is no Katzkin shop close by for them to look at this for me. I therefore have to find a way to figure this out myself.

Any recommendations on what could be the issue with this? Any suggestions on how I can research this issue?

Thanks very much.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The mechanic thought he heard something in the seat, but you hear it in the dash. Could be the switch for the seat, try replacing it with a similar one. Doesn't need to be the permanent one, just any to see if it works. If the switch isn't the issue, the seat cover can be removed, recommend a fabric shop to do the work, have them remove the electronics and test them out and get replacement parts. You would have to do removal/install 2x probably.