Kenwood ddx773bh and Maestro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Over the weekend I installed a Kenwood ddx773bh and the Maestro unit in my 2009 ram with the alpine system. After install everything worked as it should I to a few trips around town on Saturday and it worked great. Sunday I made a quick stop turned the truck of for about 5 minutes when I got back in and started up the truck the radio didn't turn on. Turned the truck off restarted it and everything worked fine. Yesterday I stopped to get gas and when I got back in same thing only this time the radio never turned back on. The red light on the rest button is on I tried resetting the HU multiple times with no results. I pulled everything out this morning checked all wiring and nothing is loose and so nothing from the HU it has power since the red reset button is glowing but nothing works. I don't know if it's the radio or the maestro unit. You guys have any thoughts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try re-programming the Maestro. Also call their support team, they may be able to pull the data logs from it.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will be reprogramming the maestro this morning and putting it back in hopefully before I head to work. I'll keep this thread updated with my findings

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well went through all the wiring, fuses, and reset the Maestro and still doesn't work the radio is getting power but just not turning on. I contacted kenwood still waiting to hear back and contacted the vendor I purchased it from for a possible swap since it's only a week old.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well got the vendor to replace my old Kenwood with a new one but now have a new issue everything works perfectly except I have no sound. I've gone through the wiring against their diagram and everything looks good so I'm stumped. I contacted Maestro with the issue and will see if they can help me if not I may ditch the maestro and try a different wiring solution to keep my steering wheel controls. I'm not that attached to seeing all my gauges and tire pressures on the screen at the moment.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No sound on a Chrysler car usually means you have it set up for amplifier when you have non amplifier, or vice versa. I believe Maestro auto detects this though.

fastbike02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
the maestro needs to be flashed for the amp whether you have it or not, I think its one of the options on the first flash page

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured it out. Didn't have the remote amp turn on connected securely. Not only does that turn on my sub amp but it also controls the factory amp. Now time to figure out why the after market camera says no signal. The chineglish instructions are of no use. I have an rca running from the camera to the HU I think I have the red and black lead from the camera side tapped into the correct wires on the trailer harness, power is red and purple stripe ground is black. Then I have the red wire coming off the rca at the HU side connected to the radio power wire. If I screwed that up I would love to be set straight. All I find on the interwebs is about as clear as mud.

fastbike02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
if you are using the the little red wire that in made into the rca, I would suggest replacing it with a different wire! i have hooked up a few of the ebay specials and have seen that wire bad more than once! also the maestro should turn the rear view cam on when your in reverse without the need for any extra wires ran in the dash IIRC. far as camera wiring i used reverse light wires so my cam is only getting power when I am in reverse, if you want to wire yours the same just pull a tail light and look at wire colors

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The radio changes to camera mode in reverse just not getting a signal. I'll play with it some more when I get a chance if nothing else I'll spend some extra money and buy a decent camera

HeavyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I didn't bother using that little red wire that runs beside the RCA cable at all. Just spliced the camera power leads into the trailer wiring and ran the RCA cable back to the Kenwood. Works fine. Your camera may simply be bad.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One other thing I can think of was the rca wasnt long enough to make it all the way to the radio. I used an old tv rca video cable to extend it with a female to female connector.

fastbike02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
long as the rca is good it wont matter what it was made for, easy way to test cam is to wire it straight from the battery and use a short cable to the deck