Keyless enter n go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prather Burnett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
so i can keep my ford truck idling while I’m the store and unlock with the keypad on the door. Does the Ram truckshave the same convenience with the KEAG?

How does it work exactly?

Do you like it? Recommend it?

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
I love the KENGo. I’ve had it on 3 different vehicles, and will never go back to a standard ignition.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
You could leave your keys in the truck while it is running, but the truck would be Accessable by anybody.

If you leave it running but take the key with you it will turn off after so long because it doesn’t sense the key anymore.

If you get a truck with remote start that would work. I think the longest it will idle is 15 min.?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I remember when Ford introduced the keypad in 1980, hard to believe they still have this

RamIt2017

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
I love the feature!! I leave my key in my pocket and leave Bruiser running. I usually have my dogs in the truck so the ac stays on and the truck stays running. I haven't had it turn off before though.... Push the button a roll.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You could leave your keys in the truck while it is running, but the truck would be Accessable by anybody.

If you leave it running but take the key with you it will turn off after so long because it doesn’t sense the key anymore.

If you get a truck with remote start that would work. I think the longest it will idle is 15 min.?

Not true.

My in laws borrowed my wife's 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the keyless FOB. They drove off with the car without the key fob. It just so happened that the key was still in the house. We had loaded the car with some things before they left and the car was running. Long story short, they drove 15 minutes away before they realized they didn't have the key and called us.

I don't think the car will automatically shut off without the key fob. Not sure how that would work, to me it seems that would actually be unsafe. If someone did steal or take your car without the key fob inside and it just shut off on the highway that puts a lot of people at risk.

Otherwise I like the keyless FOB. It is safer because you are not fumbling with keys as you approach your vehicle.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
It is true once the vehicle is put in park. If you drove to say Lowe’s and put it in park and kept it running when you got back from shopping at Lowe’s it would have turned of. I’ve had it happen with someone sitting in the car while the key was in my pocket.

Never tried, but maybe if you pulled into the parking lot and shut the car off. Then restarted it and left it would keep running?