Kicker Hideaway Pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar65

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have a picture of how and where you connected it. Looking to maybe adding this to my stock express.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I do not have pictures, but here's how I wired it. I'll try and get some tomorrow.

I pulled out the passenger seat, jack and the tab that holds it, 2 layers of the top of the console, mid dash, and radio.

Added extension for remote wire, it's 2ft long like the ground.

Run all my wires from radio compartment, down through the dash, and at the bottom of the console towards the passenger seat. (wire harness and bass adjustment wire)

I run the wires under the console but over the carpet and into the seat area. Left room to connect to amplifier while facing at the passenger door. I wrapped all the wires that came out of the center console with electrical tape. Didn't want the wires snagging.

I bolted the ground to the release hole from the jack but used the tab you removed from the jack.

I spliced my left and right high level inputs from the back 6x9's but at the radio harness.

I run the remote wire from the cigarette lighter in the middle of the center console. It's marked with a key. Dark blue with pink stripe.

I run the +12v across the dash and behind the parking brake. Run through a giant grommet, and into the engine bay. Connected to battery with fuse and on positive wire's distribution block.

I left the bass remote wire out when putting the console and dash back together. I left it out where Paradeedle put his. Works great there.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Here's some pics.

This is in the front seat footwell looking under the seat.
picture.php

Looking from the outside of the truck with the cover off.
picture.php

Looking form the outside with the cover on.
picture.php

And here's where I put the bass remote.
picture.php

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thing sounds amazing!! I was just playing around at lunch playing this old Bass 305 from the late 90's, sounded awesome.

sgalligan04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
would it be pointless to do the hideaway kicker with a stock system?

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not at all, that's what I'm running. I have the RBZ touch screen stereo. I just replaced all my factory speakers with Rockford Fosgate and just dropped in this Kicker HideAway. That's all I'm running and sounds awesome!

I think the whole idea of the Hideaway system is drop in bass for factory systems.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I ran mine for 2 years with stock radio, etc...perfect match, not overbearing, etc

Milkman6453

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 ezb
I would like to use this little puppy with my factory head unit. Im upgrading the speakers soon. I was hoping it would be a little less invasive. I dont want to tear the dash apart. I'd like to get the 12v power wire ran and tap into the rear or front speakers. No remote bass control just set it and forget it. Does this seem possible without pulling the dash?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I dont want to tear the dash apart. I'd like to get the 12v power wire ran and tap into the rear or front speakers. No remote bass control just set it and forget it. Does this seem possible without pulling the dash?
Yes it's possible. The power wiring is long enough to go from back passenger to the battery. Then tap the rear speaker wires going into the doors are the B pillars.
The Kicker Hideaway will fit on the floor behind the passenger rear seat, just pull the fold flat out of the way to get it in.

Milkman6453

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 ezb
I was going to do like the guy here did. The jack hardware has been moved anyway. I want the sub closer to my booty :p. Gonna save up and get it!!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
wait til CES....see whats new....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads