Speakers in '97 1500 Extended cab with Infinity - what ohm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpilk99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My '97 has the stereo and speaker layout as referenced in my attached pics. Pretty sure there are 6x9s in the lower part of door and ...2" (?) tweeters up top, then 5.5" in the back? One of the lower speakers in the door is blown and need to replace. I can't easily get the door panel off the drivers' side to remove one of the 6x9's to confirm ohms but it feels like I'm about to break some plastic.

I want to order new speakers and have em' here for when I do go and finally remove panels - can somone confirm what is in my truck right now? And without going down a rabbit hole, (and I know beauty is in the eye of every beholder), but what's a good speaker manufacturer for GOOD speakers; not top of the market, greatest ever? I read good things about Infinity Kappas. Have always liked JBLs at home. I know Kicker is out there, but not sure if that's just marketing or what.

I'm 58 years old. Grew up on Van Halen and AC/DC, like Country, and overall enjoy "turnin it up" on a lot of what I listen to. Frankly, I need to get a much better blue tooth adapter than what I stick in the lighter. I really don't want to change the head unit, so maybe I'm just stuck. Maybe one of those wired "tapes" that goes in the tape player??

Thanks for any help.

Jay

Attachments

• IMG_2753.jpg
    IMG_2753.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2754.jpg
    IMG_2754.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2755.jpg
    IMG_2755.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2756.jpg
    IMG_2756.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 2

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You may find this helpful:

OP
OP
jpilk99

jpilk99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you. I looked at that site first. Unless I'm missing something, it seems to show ...every possible speaker configuration for all (?) Gen 2 Rams? And not sure what the speakers currently in there have for ohms. I'll just get those door panels off and figure it out once and for all. May have to carry the panels around for a week or so til the new speakers arrive. No sense getting new plastic mounts only to have to break them off again removing the door panel again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat