Kicker Speaker Upgrade Kit Worth the Money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also plan on installing a 100x4 channel amp. Too bad these are rated at 75 rms. I'll just keep the gain down :). Will report then as well.[/QUOTE said:
Run that 100x4 amp music is dynamic and the speakers will only see that power on a very short burst (like millisecond) if ever at all.

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess that means I'm safe with this amp. Good to know. I don't plan on blasting it but I am looking forward to getting more volume and hopefully some increased clarity and bass response. My son rides in the back and I don't want to compromise his hearing. However he to wants to hear some bass :). A decent sound system will even make listening to disney radio tolerable :-/

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Clarity and bass or listening to Aria Grande :) :(

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds good. I'll sacrifice and be the test case. There's so many posts on this very subject on many sites about stock radios, these speakers, no amp, no sub and with. The search is over. I'll let you all know ;)

BlkHemiRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I have both sets of 6x9's coming, mid-bass and 2 way, I'm now wondering what difference it would make whether the mid-bass were located in the rear verses front doors...seems a more appropriate place for the bass to be. Has anyone tried this?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Won't make a bit of difference except to pull your staging to the back. In terms of sound quality you don't want to do that.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No problem just think of it like listening to a concert. Everything comes from infront of you and if you are hearing anything behind you its reflections which to me sound muddy.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
No problem just think of it like listening to a concert. Everything comes from infront of you and if you are hearing anything behind you its reflections which to me sound muddy.

^^this!!!
You want everything in front of you....including bass, but that is a whole other challenge.

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The bug hit me. I spent a lot of timing reading about losing bass due to the head unit protecting the stock speakers, installing cheap loc's , blah blah and it made me dizzy and anxious so I went to Bestbuys and had them price match a Pioneer avh-x3600bhs. $256 to their $400 and free install :). Funny thing is that the install harness was priced at $190, sirius tuner was $90, you get the story. I was going to have them install tomorrow but because they didn't have them in stock I had to postpone. Good thing I did since I was able to order the same items at Amazon for less than half the price! I told my wife that the stereo would be fine for now despite the fact that I have a new amp sitting in our living room. It didn't end there. I then proceeded to order a two amp kit and single 10 speaker box. I was thinking about powering the fronts and sub but who knows what the future and compulsive buying holds :). Darn Amazon prime! There might be a second amp in my future. Oh yeah I'm in trouble.

BlkHemiRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to follow up on my install of the 77kick41, 77kick42 in a QC Express with base model 3.0 uconnect 6 speaker system. The installation went without a hitch, and since I have less than $300 invested for all 6 speakers for me it was definitely worth the money. There isn't any reduction in volume, and the highs are crystal clear and the bass is tight. I am very satisfied with the sound and probably won't even bother with getting the amp.

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After using it for a few weeks, maybe it's just me but I think it loosened up a bit and sounds better. Bass response is better. I'm glad that your happy because I felt partially responsible for your decision. There's no doubt it's better.

In my case what I could report on is what it sounds like with an amp. I'm going run 100x4 rms to its max 75 rms. It'll be installed tommorow.

I did break down and purchased a new a pioneer head unit. Also a second amp that will be installed but unused until my foxbox comes in. Instead of re-using my existing polk sub, I'm now contemplating purchasing an Infinity, JBL or Kicker 10" sub. It's only another couple hundred bucks right :)? I want to make use of the full 500 watts and I want it loud! I guess Christmas comes early for me this year. I'm surprised my wife hasn't slapped me yet :-/.

Oh forgot to mention that despite my inquires about using 4 gauge power wire, I upgraded to 1.

Can't wait to hear the difference! I think I'm having a midlife crises loL!

BlkHemiRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am curious what the difference would be with amp, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the stock head unit pushed enough for me to feel the bass without distortion. I will add that the sound didn't come together until I had all 6 speakers installed and used the equalizer/fade controls to balance it all out. The dash speakers overpowered the sound until I got the front door speakers in, and the rear speakers added depth, so i wouldn't recommend a partial upgrade to anyone unless they installed the whole system. I don't understand why some vendors only list the 77kick42 for premium systems, unless it's just because you'll end up with an extra dash speaker.

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I wondered the same thing. It definitely costs more because of that extra 3.5. I look it as an extra in case I blow one.

I woke up unusually early for a Sunday. I'm stoked! Can't wait to hear it with 5-7 times more power.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
The 4.1 front amp adds more pwoer, and way better imaging is the best part, really enhances it. Still for up to 2012 Rams, for now.