Laramie Options Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Priced a 2024 Laramie 2500 4x4 at two dealerships and both said you have to order at least the level one equipment group. It's $3,840 this year and has several items listed in it that are standard on a Laramie. So it would seem the Laramie should be priced accordingly with those options in the price and on the standard feature list and/or the level one should be less expensive due to the duplication of features. Question is...Can we not buy a Laramie without the level one? Maybe the dealerships are upselling me. I still cannot use the build your Ram site for a 2024 to check on how that would come out.

I like some of the additional features in the group but I feel like I'm getting the shaft, even though it might be the only way I can order the truck. With the additional options I want, 410, anti-spin, tow hooks, 220 amp alt and chrome bumpers this one with a 6.4 gasser comes to (gasp) $76,795 plus T&L. That's MSRP and no dealing below that. I'm open to buy from someone out of area or state (CA) wishing to sell below MSRP but have no idea if any dealer is doing that. Out the door in this state would be $83,600. Is this the going rate nationally from what you hear? Only MSRP?

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Call Dennis Dillon Dodge in Idaho. They're the highest volumes, and usually the lowest priced, Ram dealer in the country. They won't b.s. you on what can and cannot be ordered.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Granger motors in Granger Iowa has all of their models below MSRP by quite a bit. I just glanced at one that is similar to what you want. The MSRP was 76 and some change. I don't remember exactly, and they have it listed at 68 and change. Sitting on their lot right now. They also go I believe 4% under invoice if you order one through them.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just look online and get a 2023 save big bucks I got a new Ram 2023 and got 13,500 off the sticker price I live in NY and drove to Connecticut. I got a Limited Long Horn South Fork 5.7 bed. Also, I think you can only get a 6-cyl. engine after 2023

OP
OP
M

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
I did look on line and well outside of my home state. Nothing on the lots with the 6.4 even close. Most were the contractor model work trucks. That's why I figured ordering would be the only way to get most of what I want. It's encouraging that I might be abler to save some bucks ordering out of state. Also considered looking at a broker order or what Costco Auto Program can do. Just saw that on another thread. Over 13K off the sticker shows how much mark up there is. I know they need to make money to keep a business open but not dealing at all is sticking it to you.

OP
OP
M

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Just checked the Costco Program and they responded that no pre-authorized dealer is available for the truck I selected. So need to call Dillon and see what they say but the on line look appear to be a $1500 discount. Not worth traveling up there from CA for that.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is a 2023, and not a 2024 like you are talking about, but just an idea of what Granger does on pricing.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Usually every year, if you belong to certain clubs , organizations, or work for certain companies.
You can get a discount, like 1 % below dealer invoice, when buying or leasing eligible new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT® and Alfa Romeo Brand ...
even Real Estate Agents & Lawyers can get that discount.
If you employer sells parts or services to FCA/Stellantis, they get a discount.

I bought my 2016 Ram on that discount plan, i belonged to TreadLightly
I joined the Individual $100 Level

There are several other products that you could buy at a discount

Tread Lightly! Membership

Thank you for committing to protecting recreation access by joining Tread Lightly! Please note: memberships are mailed out once weekly and can take up to 2-3 weeks to arrive. All membership benefit information will be included in this packet. You will also receive a digital copy of your membership letter in addition to the physical copy.

Please note that according to FCA US policy, you must be an individual $100 member for at least 30 days to qualify for the FCA US Affiliate Rewards new vehicle discount and you must provide a copy of your membership letter to your dealer to use the discount.

*Benefits for $50 and above members are valid only to purchases made in the US* If you are an international member and would like to receive a t-shirt, please call us at 801-627-0077.

All memberships are non-refundable. All purchases are final. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DEALER TO CONFIRM WHAT VEHICLES ARE COVERED UNDER THE FCA DISCOUNT. Once a packet is sent out digitally or physically, we cannot refund it.
All of these companies get a FCA employee discount
facts about FCA/Stellantis Affiliates Rewards

Good Luck with your hunt

OP
OP
M

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Saving over 8G's would be worth the trip to Iowa. I will take a look at them and thanks for the tip. I'm sure there are museums and other attractions I could include to justify the trip. The affiliation group might work if the dealer or FCA authorized a 2500 Ram as "eligible".

OP
OP
M

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
BTW, I looked on line at LA, Iowa and Idaho and there are a lot of 2500 Laramies still out there. Most are diesel but some 6.4's. And in my color (white) but unk if they are still on the lot. pretty good savings. I will try calling to see if savings are available on a 2024 so I can get all I want on a truck.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I will try calling to see if savings are available on a 2024 so I can get all I want on a truck.
I'm sure you find Granger in Iowa will still give you the 4% off invoice, but they may require you to order a truck to get it. Lead times are not bad right now though. They were 6 months to a year out during the pandemic.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I feel your pain; I'm in NC and had been looking for a somewhat "unicorn" truck myself, a 2500 Laramie Mega Cab with the 6.4, not the diesel. I spent hours online building and searching. I could find multiple diesels...and multiple crew cabs in gas, but not the setup I wanted. Turns out there was about 15 nationwide. I didn't want to go order the truck because then I would be paying whatever their idea of MSRP was with no "wiggle room."

My first choice was in S Texas, while I was working through the shipping costs with one salesman...another salesman sold the truck. My second choice was in Florida (shameless plug for University Dodge in Davie, FL). I was able to work through the trade of my 2018 Laramie Mega Cab, the cost of the 2023 (which was listed $8K under MSRP), and the transportation issues via phone calls, emails, and texts. They delivered it on Saturday. The only thing that made the deal "rough," was current interest rates. I opted to go through them for expediency sake. I'll refinance it through my credit union in 90 days and save about 2% on the APR.

Keep looking, you'll find it, or at least one that's close enough to settle on. For me it was 1)Mega Cab, 2) Gas, 3) Laramie or higher. Color factored in at number 4. There were other things I wanted and didn't want (didn't want to pay for) that I could live with, i.e. stereo system, gazillion camera system, gooseneck package, second battery, alternator, etc.

Good Luck.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Priced a 2024 Laramie 2500 4x4 at two dealerships and both said you have to order at least the level one equipment group. It's $3,840 this year and has several items listed in it that are standard on a Laramie. So it would seem the Laramie should be priced accordingly with those options in the price and on the standard feature list and/or the level one should be less expensive due to the duplication of features. Question is...Can we not buy a Laramie without the level one? Maybe the dealerships are upselling me. I still cannot use the build your Ram site for a 2024 to check on how that would come out.

I like some of the additional features in the group but I feel like I'm getting the shaft, even though it might be the only way I can order the truck. With the additional options I want, 410, anti-spin, tow hooks, 220 amp alt and chrome bumpers this one with a 6.4 gasser comes to (gasp) $76,795 plus T&L. That's MSRP and no dealing below that. I'm open to buy from someone out of area or state (CA) wishing to sell below MSRP but have no idea if any dealer is doing that. Out the door in this state would be $83,600. Is this the going rate nationally from what you hear? Only MSRP?
I haven't read all the responses so I will just say this - configure your truck the way you want online, print it out and take it to the dealer. Tell them this is what you want. If they won't do it, tell them you're going to another dealer. (that's a PERIOD, end of statement)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
2024 car show
Anaheim - Anaheim Convention Center, California, USA
October 5th - 8th

find out what will be available, get questions answered