LED Cab Light Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CraigP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2016 2500 with factory cab marker lights that have incandescent bulbs. Looking for an LED option. I’ve tried two different sets of LED bulbs, but neither set lasted for more than a few months. Any suggestions?

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not sure if the cab lights go through the canbus or not. But maybe you try canbus friendly bulbs. I have never had an LED fail, so that is interesting in why yours are not lasting. I have purchased my canbus LEDs from superbrightleds. and never had an issue with those. On another note, I tried LED's in my cab lights on my 2nd gen truck and really didn't care for the look. I lost that "soft" glow they cast over the hood. I think the current years cab lights are LED, but a one piece unit, maybe that would be something to consider if the base is the same ?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm not sure if the cab lights go through the canbus or not. But maybe you try canbus friendly bulbs. I have never had an LED fail, so that is interesting in why yours are not lasting.

They do not so no need for a canbus friendly light. They are powered from the BCM but not monitored for failure by the bus

OP, I would just leave the incandescent bulbs in. I've tried several LED's and eventually will have one fail at some point and gave up. Granted these are all Amazon LED's (not the cheapest ones) but they are all made in the same place so I suspect they are all going to fail at some point.

Honestly, I've given up on the whole LED revolution, even my expensive house bulbs don't last as long as my old incandescents did (but are supposed to last 10X longer...)

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you even find incandescent bulbs anymore ??

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Look at the Lasfit 1st Choice and Auxito Brand !
I had some cheapo LED interior and some started to go out is a short time !
Lasfit and Auxito brands and they were also brighter as well
LEDs in my car are the same as my truck,, No pictures of the truck light as I must have deleted them,,,

Attachments

• Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD