LED headlamp bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LDBagger17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone installed LED bulbs in their quad headlight system, if so do they make better light?, are there any fitment or clearance issues, and would you recommend it?

zconn69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Tons of info on this if you do a little digging. I put the Supernova 3's in mine and the difference was amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
I have GTR Lighting Gen 3 Ultras for Lo Beams and the Gen 2s for my fogs. I had no fitment issues on stock headlights, however on aftermarket lights I had to grind the out plastic so the heat sinks could clear.

They're okay. I purchased these because of the video made by Headlight Revolution on YouTube. I was neither surprised nor disappointed on the low beams. These won't work for Hi beams/DRLs. None of their kits do. You'd need to buy a special canbus for them that's an extra $20 (and I'm not sure if it's per pair or a piece!) and they don't sell it. Plus one of the bulbs actually stopped working and I had to order a replacement; their replacement/warranty policy is a bit strange. I have a lot of mixed feelings about this company as you can see.

Interestingly, their Gen 2 bulbs are $100 less, but my fogs are incredibly bright. To the point where I can drive down a dark country road at night and clearly see. If anything the headlights just add a little more clarity, but the fogs (being as bright as they are now) have become a greater necessity to me than the headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have GTR Lighting Gen 3 Ultras for Lo Beams and the Gen 2s for my fogs. I had no fitment issues on stock headlights, however on aftermarket lights I had to grind the out plastic so the heat sinks could clear.

They're okay. I purchased these because of the video made by Headlight Revolution on YouTube. I was neither surprised nor disappointed on the low beams. These won't work for Hi beams/DRLs. None of their kits do. You'd need to buy a special canbus for them that's an extra $20 (and I'm not sure if it's per pair or a piece!) and they don't sell it. Plus one of the bulbs actually stopped working and I had to order a replacement; their replacement/warranty policy is a bit strange. I have a lot of mixed feelings about this company as you can see.

Interestingly, their Gen 2 bulbs are $100 less, but my fogs are incredibly bright. To the point where I can drive down a dark country road at night and clearly see. If anything the headlights just add a little more clarity, but the fogs (being as bright as they are now) have become a greater necessity to me than the headlights.

Headlight Revolution sells the high beam kit using Supernova V3s. They are able to be installed fully in the housings if you do it correctly. No cutting and grinding required. Their website doesn't list this though. I contacted them about a matching set for the high beams.

I ordered the highs, lows, fogs and switch backs from them last week. They came with all canbus adapters and load leveling resistors. I will have them installed tomorrow evening I hope.

If I had the money I would do an HID retrofit kit from Jeremy though. I just needed something now to address the awful OEM headlights.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Check out my review on the Opt7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LEDs.

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=95801

Also, i have (from Amazon) a pair of MicTuning 6000k 9005 LED Fog Lights and it turns out they are identical to the Opt7s and even manufactured by the same warehouse as the Opt7s but they are $80 cheaper. They look amazing in my fogs.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Super Nova v3 kit works great for low beams, as mentioned they just added a v3 high beam kit , that is next for me, Halogens just can't compete with these 3rd gen bulbs

for switchbacks use green and white on drivers side and brown and white on passengers side

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Super Nova v3 kit works great for low beams, as mentioned they just added a v3 high beam kit , that is next for me, Halogens just can't compete with these 3rd gen bulbs

for switchbacks use green and white on drivers side and brown and white on passengers side

This is where I solder the load leveling resistors?

I'm going to install mine in a couple hours.

Only complaint with Headlight Revolution is that they didn't label the LEDs. So I have like 10 packs of LEDs and don't know what's what lol.

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQF5ESBHLrw&t=11s

This is a test in the Ram Quad headlight with about 15 different LED's.

This is the test I was referring to in my earlier post.

Interesting to note that even though they report GTR Lighting bulbs as being brighter than the V3, they have another video suggesting the V3s for the Ram.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fyi, I wasn't able to get mine done today. The can bus adapters marked , "E10 EMC HID Decoder" did not work in my truck for the low beams. There was just no light output at all. When I took them out the LEDs lit up no problem.

They worked in my high beam and fog lights though. Switch backs also went in no problem.

I switched the decoders around and ran a multi meter through the can bus adapters on the continuity test. All were fine.

I'll let you know what HR says. As of right now, spending $600 on lights I'm not impressed.

I can tell you that the supernovas are a huge improvement over stock already. And the switch backs actually provide a bit of light.

HTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
I installed mine in December. I have the Flux Beam X in the headlights and Flux Beam in the fogs. At the time, the X's we're not available as fog lights. I regret not waiting for the X fog lights because the color difference is definitely noticeable.

The lights came with all adapters needed. Since I have installed, I have driven through flood waters twice and had my fogs fully submerged, they still work fine.

There is a downside, as you can see, the light spread is excessive and higher than factory. I had to aim the lights down so low that now my high beams are pointing 30 feet in front of my truck. (Although, the LED lowbeams still shine brighter and and farther than the FACTORY highbeam bulbs) There is no fix to this. I have to either change to a projector, or get a light bar.

As far as installing, I didn't have to cut anything, splice anything, solder anything, the Flux beams are plug and play. No issues with canbus or the truck's computer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170804-114533.jpg
    Screenshot_20170804-114533.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20170804-114548.jpg
    Screenshot_20170804-114548.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 69

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Awesome. Thanks HTX for that short but informative writeup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

scoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sold, 2011 1500 5.7 sport sold, 2016 6.7 2500 4x4 sold, 2014 2500 5.7
Engine
Sorry to dig up an older thread but I am getting ready to take the plunge on the supernova V3's. Anyone have experience with the high beam bulbs yet?? I'd like to hear if they are an improvement over the stockers. I saw an old review that stated the high beam LED wasn't an upgrade over the stock halogen. Just curious if that has changed...

scoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sold, 2011 1500 5.7 sport sold, 2016 6.7 2500 4x4 sold, 2014 2500 5.7
Engine
Its your fault that my wife is mad at me... finding that video was the last straw that broke my back. I ordered the low beams this week after watching that.

Well we are both in the doghouse because it was vid you posted that got me to order and consequently in trouble as well. [emoji23]

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had mine in for a while now and they are fantastic. You wont regret buying them. There is a trick to installing the canbus and driver boxes. You can make them all fit in the housings with the dust cap closed if you do it right.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well we are both in the doghouse because it was vid you posted that got me to order and consequently in trouble as well. [emoji23]

My bad... at least its warmer in Atlanta than it will be in Maryland. Hoping she lets me back in the house soon!

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I got these in today.

First of all, having to completely disassemble the front of the truck to change a lightbulb is incredibly stupid. I had to remove the grille, then the headlight, just to get to the back of the bulb. I would really hate to have a burned out bulb at night away from home...

Secondly, these lights are very nice... for about 45 seconds before they flicker and then shut off. Turns out I need the Canbus module. I really hate that Ram decided to make these trucks so damn finicky and require so much extra stuff to make anything work. What a pain in the neck. Thankfully my high beams worked so I could still drive home... I just had to pull over and shut my lights off every time someone came driving towards me. Really obnoxious...