LED Light bar in between tow hooks on steel bumper 2009.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone mounted a light bar in between the tow hooks on a 2009-2012 ram with the chrome bumper not the sport bumper. I am pcsing soon and i would like to have some extra light output when i travel back down to the lower 48. What size fits and How did you mount it is what im looking for.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Has anyone mounted a light bar in between the tow hooks on a 2009-2012 ram with the chrome bumper not the sport bumper. I am pcsing soon and i would like to have some extra light output when i travel back down to the lower 48. What size fits and How did you mount it is what im looking for.
I'd like to know the same thing, but with the sport bumper for the 2012.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do a search for LED lightbar and all your questions should be answered. Most people are just making bracket with Home Depot L brackets Cheap and easy. Others have made custom mounts and there is one guy selling them for 40 a set. Do the search and read a few of the threads. Should answer pretty much all your light bar questions. Mounts, switches, wiring, making them come on with the high beams...etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do a search for LED lightbar and all your questions should be answered. Most people are just making bracket with Home Depot L brackets Cheap and easy. Others have made custom mounts and there is one guy selling them for 40 a set. Do the search and read a few of the threads. Should answer pretty much all your light bar questions. Mounts, switches, wiring, making them come on with the high beams...etc etc.

Even using the search bar it seems that no one has posted or had any information on mounting a light bar in between the two hooks on a chrome bumper. I could care less about all the sport bumpers because that is not what i have.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been half ass looking to do the same. A one row light bar should fit in there, but only about 20"?? Otherwise, I think with some cheap brackets you could get a 2 row to snug up in the gap and just stick out a little. You have the chrome bumper with the thin cut out between the tow hook gaps, right?

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's there. I promise lol. Quite a few with the tradesman and slts. With and without towhooks. There are a few in the link I posted as well

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been half ass looking to do the same. A one row light bar should fit in there, but only about 20"?? Otherwise, I think with some cheap brackets you could get a 2 row to snug up in the gap and just stick out a little. You have the chrome bumper with the thin cut out between the tow hook gaps, right?

yes i do. im really just looking if someone makes brackets or not. Im in Alaska so i cant just go outside and make brackets as easily as i would like to

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where are all you guys getting your mounts to mount them in the middle of the front bumper???

Sent from hell via TapATalk

Most guys aren't buying mounts for in the bumper We are making them. It's super easy! All you need is a drill , some larger bits and a tape measure.

I have a post in the my light br thread with a really basic explanation but if you want Pm me and I'll send my phone number and I can walk you through it

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Even using the search bar it seems that no one has posted or had any information on mounting a light bar in between the two hooks on a chrome bumper. I could care less about all the sport bumpers because that is not what i have.

I mounted one on my dads 2500 in the chrome bumper. I can provide pics later. I ended up taking tow hooks off. I have a piece of 2 x 1/4 in flat steel from Loews that runs from tow hook mount to the other mount then I re mounted the tow hooks over the bar. Then I mounted the light bar directly to the steel centered in the slot.

PM me and I will give you my contact info and I can walk you through the details if you want

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Subscribed