LED pod reverse lights installed!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparftw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking about doing this as well, I might make cut outs in my tailgate tho, as most of these look like they'll get knocked of the second I go in the mud. Anyone ever tried this?

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love mine..... just bought another set of flush mounts to install in my toolbox. Gonna wire them up to the cargo light, so I can light up the bed.

22011297662_9405b25b33_k.jpg

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I would have em on a switch for those ass riding fools you encounter from time to time!! :)

I sorta want to know since there's no point for them during the day I just don't feel like running the long ass wires to the cab. lol

Gotta be careful with that. Sometimes those fools have bright lights of their own...red and blue flashing ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, just gotta look out for the Dodge Charger police cars around here. lol

Love mine..... just bought another set of flush mounts to install in my toolbox. Gonna wire them up to the cargo light, so I can light up the bed.

22011297662_9405b25b33_k.jpg

That looks good, and looks even better on a black truck. Just didn't have the balls to cut into my bumper. :)

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well note to self. Don't use cheap thin brackets you had laying around the garage. lol

So my pod is somewhere in Louisiana. lol
Good thing there only $20.

IMG_20160405_172049.jpg

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow.

Made me just go check on mine.

Still there.

haha..

Got more pods on the way and getting some thicker brackets this weekend.

I wanted to get the the punched angle bar from lowes like some on else used on here but it only comes in 1 foot lenth and I have nothing to cut it with. It's really thick.

So just going to use some thicker L brackets.

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
haha..

Got more pods on the way and getting some thicker brackets this weekend.

I wanted to get the the punched angle bar from lowes like some on else used on here but it only comes in 1 foot lenth and I have nothing to cut it with. It's really thick.

So just going to use some thicker L brackets.

You talking about my set-up? lol I used a reciprocating saw with a metal blade.

picture.php

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I feel like a real ******* right now.

I work in a damn machine shop and not only do we have a porta band saw, we have a Horizontal band saw. Just forget we have them since we don't use them all the time. LOL Guess I know where to cut it now..

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think I'm going to tackle some lights this weekend, and my truck would look like a transformer if i worked in a machine shop. lol

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

I work in a damn machine shop and not only do we have a porta band saw, we have a Horizontal band saw. Just forget we have them since we don't use them all the time. LOL Guess I know where to cut it now..

If you work in a machine shop, you should definitely use something heavier than unistrut.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, guess I need to get a saws all. One of few tools I don't have. lol

I bought all new tools this last fall/winter. Aside from my router the reciprocating saw has been the second most used. When I went to install my MBRP cat back I decided to just cut the stock exhaust out. Took me like 7-8 min to have it out :superhack:

Yea we have a few tools in our machine shop. I used the band saw a few times getting my resonator assembly together, cutting the 3" pipes to the right length. It's nice to clamp it down, press the button, drop the level and wait.

I think I'm going to tackle some lights this weekend, and my truck would look like a transformer if i worked in a machine shop. lol

I know I keep thinking of ways to install some LED lights/LED light bars into my grill. I am trying to think of a way to cut out some of the horizontal strips and install a pair LED lights (could be pods or bars from 8" to 16" or so) flush with the grill. Wouldn't be too hard to fab up some brackets to have them line up nicely.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you work in a machine shop, you should definitely use something heavier than unistrut.

lol,, Yes we have something that will do the job.

Yea we have a few tools in our machine shop. I used the band saw a few times getting my resonator assembly together, cutting the 3" pipes to the right length. It's nice to clamp it down, press the button, drop the level and wait.

Yeah the band saw is great for cutting stuff.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Saw forgot to update. Got them installed last weekend.

The angle iron works way better.

Funny thing though. Remember had these were interfering with my back up cam?
Well these new once don't have a brand name on them and the LED diodes look smaller.

For some odd reason I hooked them up the same way I did last ones just to see if they worked then I was going to do the relay wiring. Well turns out my camera doesn't get blurry anymore. lol. Have no idea why..
So guess it was a good thing one fell off..lol