LED Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usmfan789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
cargo and reverse bulb are the same 921 but the reverse light is a special 4th gen specific bulb

Thanks I'm thinking those will be the next upgrade.... I have the bilstein 5100s but I'm gettin rediculous quotes of 225 to 300 to install them so it might be a bit for those here's the pics of the lights took me a week to get them with christmas and all I think I might have to adjust the dome light it looks a little dim to me what yall think?

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums...F-9B96-A436A92F5C77-1460-0000032FB77A7127.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums...A-BA15-D6A95DC5F6C5-1460-000003303E44B5B6.jpg

usmfan789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My dads flash too but will stop if you open the glove box lol
I pulled the upper and lower glove box out to change that bulb
It's one 9/32 bolt (I think) to remove and you have all the room you could want to get he bulb put and back in

Thanks man as soon as I get a chance ill get that one in

websterc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
do all trucks need to have resistors installed or just some?

cccp1989

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge ram 1500 5.7L V8 Hemi Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Mine I didn't need them.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
I'm not sure whats going on. I ordered all the same. In my truck, the map lights do not hold those bulbs. They are lose in the socket. I can get them to come on but once I hit a bump in the road they wiggle lose. Those bulds fit in glove box and plate lights but not in my map lights. Anyone have any idea why or what I can do to ge them to fit?

I'm having this same problem, installed LED reverse lights, visor lights, dome light, license plate lights, they all fit tight and work great. Only problem is the map lights, the stock light has a bulge in the middle that holds it in place, while the LED is flat. I can get it to work, but it's so loose that no way will it ever stay properly

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Does anyone know the bulb number for the little green "mood lighting" light?

The one that has the soft green glow at night. I wanna switch it to red like my old GTI had.

Also, how many of each bulb do you need to buy?
Call me a noob but I'm unfamiliar with the intricacies of my truck still.

For the mood light, I don't know if that's replaceable without some serious work, here's a pic from when I had the roof console apart today, there is the mood light

IMG_0048_zpsc78d7578.jpg

Also got the loose map light problem dealt with, there's 4 little tabs that hold the light and power it, just had to bend them a bit so they gripped the lights better. Here's a pic with one light bent together and one before I got to it so you can see. Easy to do, just grab a long skinny flathead and start bending lol. I took the whole roof console out and apart to see better, but you'd be able to do it easily just by taking the lenses of the map lights and leaving the rest together and in place

IMG_0047_zps5e702835.jpg

Last edited:

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Tried doing my dads cargo lights
The third brake light would only work touching the edge of the socket but wouldn't work when it was in the socket
The cargo lights worked but stayed dim when they were off so I guess I'll be ordering resistors

itsmerta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anybody used any of the color LED's for the dome? I want to know how bright they are.

Hammer75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just did this to my truck about 20 minutes ago. Looks amazing, great idea!!!!! If my truck is not on though, the map lights and visor lights will flash if the dome light is not on. When truck is running, everything works as intended.

Anyone found a solution?

OP
OP
LB3711

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
mine will only do that if the dimmer is set to low or off. Otherwise key off and doors open mine works fine.

Only thing I think it might be is low voltage from the battery and not getting enough power to the LEDs

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Just did this to my truck about 20 minutes ago. Looks amazing, great idea!!!!! If my truck is not on though, the map lights and visor lights will flash if the dome light is not on. When truck is running, everything works as intended.

Anyone found a solution?
My dads led from superbrightled do this too
If you leave an incandescent bulb in the glove box it stops lol

I typically just open a door or turn them on with the switch

Hammer75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SuperBrightLEDs.com I order all my lights from there. I have replaced all my interior and exterior bulbs. Reverse lights, brake lights etc. Never had a single problem with any of them. They all work as intended. Just have to buy a good quality LED. Not *** crap.

I don't buy *** crap, I am from 'Merica! :happy107: All my bulbs were from superbrightleds.com.

But, they only do it if the truck isn't running, I did not change out the glove box light or the upper glove box storage. Just the maps, visors, and dome. If the truck is running, all works as intended. If i use the knob to turn them all on, they all work (visor lights included) as intended as well (truck on or off).

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Yea it seems to only do it if you only turn on one or two when the truck is off. I never really worry about it though, as either they're all coming on(door open) or truck is running on remote start, so never really have to deal with the flashing

Hammer75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope it is bright, I did it in the day light and haven't seen it at night

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Mine are crazy bright at night, OP wasn't lying when he said it was like daylight with the LED's. Even the tiny visor lights are bright. Trust me, it's well worth it

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I don't buy *** crap, I am from 'Merica! :happy107: All my bulbs were from superbrightleds.com.

But, they only do it if the truck isn't running, I did not change out the glove box light or the upper glove box storage. Just the maps, visors, and dome. If the truck is running, all works as intended. If i use the knob to turn them all on, they all work (visor lights included) as intended as well (truck on or off).

Lol sounds stupid but if you open you upper glove box (with an incandescent) the flashing stops
I found that out when I was changing my dads at night, I pulled the bulb out of the glove box and the map lights started to flash haha

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not throw a common bulb pigtail under the dash somehwere, with an incandescent bulb switched on with the truck, wired in parallel with the circuit which flashes?
The added resistance would cancel any flashing. the pigtaila re $2 at any auto parts store.

b_palmer22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
someone that has done this how many of each bulb do you need?