LED Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCal Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Is there a trick to getting the OEM Map Light Bulbs out? I've been tugging on them for an hour now, should I just pull harder? Thanks!!!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
You need to pop out the plastic lens cover. That's how you get to them.

SoCal Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You need to pop out the plastic lens cover. That's how you get to them.
LOL!!! Thanks, it was the pulling out of the bulb that was the issue. Could not have even got to the bulb if I didn't pop out the lens cover. Out of all the treads I read in multiple forums only once did I read that it was tough to get those bulbs out. That is by far an understatement and the lack of that information in dozens of other threads really makes me wonder what folks are thinking. Those two bulbs took HOURS to remove and 3 different people to do it. maybe I was just unlucky and had them all but glued in but I highly doubt it. 3 people and all with their fingers still in pain this morning, that's all it takes to "JUST" remove those two reading light bulbs. A heads up for folks reading these forums, nothing is ever "JUST" that easy. Be cautious with some/all of these "Simple" mods. They are not that simple! Cabin air filter is another one. Not "JUST" that easy by any means. Without going into detail on that one please be warned about some of what you read, not always as it seems.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
hts923%20hook%20and%20pick%20st.bmp

Vancouver604

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
wow. my LEDS are not nearly this bright in my swap.

Looks good

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL!!! Thanks, it was the pulling out of the bulb that was the issue. Could not have even got to the bulb if I didn't pop out the lens cover. Out of all the treads I read in multiple forums only once did I read that it was tough to get those bulbs out. That is by far an understatement and the lack of that information in dozens of other threads really makes me wonder what folks are thinking. Those two bulbs took HOURS to remove and 3 different people to do it. maybe I was just unlucky and had them all but glued in but I highly doubt it. 3 people and all with their fingers still in pain this morning, that's all it takes to "JUST" remove those two reading light bulbs. A heads up for folks reading these forums, nothing is ever "JUST" that easy. Be cautious with some/all of these "Simple" mods. They are not that simple! Cabin air filter is another one. Not "JUST" that easy by any means. Without going into detail on that one please be warned about some of what you read, not always as it seems.

Believe it or not I just used some needle nose pliers and pulled them out. The glass bulb is pretty tough.

This isnt the first vehicle I've put LEDS in so I learned a few tricks over years.

SoCal Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Believe it or not I just used some needle nose pliers and pulled them out. The glass bulb is pretty tough.

This isnt the first vehicle I've put LEDS in so I learned a few tricks over years.
Thanks friend. I was wondering if it would be OK to use needle nose, it is a bulb 'ya know. Nice to hear someone else had to go to those measures to get those dam things out, wasn't just me. So here is the final results (sorry for the blury pics. night time without flash is tough hand held). I had "Floor" lighting put in that was cool white so that is why I needed to change the stock bulbs to LEDS (Cool White to match). Yes, they are much brighter than stock:

Attachments

• Driver-floor.jpg
    Driver-floor.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Rear-Dome.jpg
    Rear-Dome.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Rear-Floor.jpg
    Rear-Floor.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Paaenger-floor.jpg
    Paaenger-floor.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 76

CaptNkllm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
That looks great!! What did you use for under the seats and dash? I like it...

Do they dim? come on with the door?

Capt

SoCal Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That looks great!! What did you use for under the seats and dash? I like it...

Do they dim? come on with the door?

Capt
Thanks friend. It all stared when I bought the truck and saw the MOPAR interior lighting kit you could install. Unfortunately it is over $300 and they (the dealer) wanted another $200 or so to install it. Once I really looked into the MOPAR kit it wasn't even designed to work with the Dome/Reading lights so that sparked the idea of finding what I wanted. This kit is about the closest thing to that and only $33! (one tenth the price of MOPARs) This is the Interior lighting kit I used: White 4pc LEDGlow LED Interior Lights Lighting Kit

It has a ton of setting including a mic. to pulse the lights to the beat of your music. It has a setting for ON/Off and that is what I used. My Camper Shell shop that hooked up my beds cargo light kit hooked up this kit also. These guys at Southbay Truck Tops know what their doing and did it for $100 rather than $200+ like the dealer wanted. They had to hook it to the dome/reading lights wires so it comes on with the interior lights. It was designed to be a separate lighting system like the MOPAR kit but is easy enough to splice in to what you want like the dome/reading lights. It does fade BUT it kinda flickers (not really kinda it flickers) when the dome and reading lights fade. One friend thought it looked cool, I personally was not expecting the flicker but it's not even visible unless you're in the truck. Not a big deal in other words.

These are the LEDs I used to replace the OEM bulbs. Needed these to keep the lighting all the same color and they are identical "Cool White" to the kit installed so all is uniform as far as interior lights go. Didn't do the vanity lights or the upper glove box light. Just seemed to be a waste of $$$. Anyway, here are those LEDs:
Super Bright LED Car Interior Lights Package For Dodge RAM

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wow all of these setups look great. Thanks for posting that link SoCalRam, I'm adding this to my list of future mods. I had no clue they sold those kits for that cheap.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That looks pretty good. Might have to do that someday.

That's one that disappointed me about this truck. The lack of interior lighting. My GTP has factory lights everywhere.

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks friend. It all stared when I bought the truck and saw the MOPAR interior lighting kit you could install. Unfortunately it is over $300 and they (the dealer) wanted another $200 or so to install it. Once I really looked into the MOPAR kit it wasn't even designed to work with the Dome/Reading lights so that sparked the idea of finding what I wanted. This kit is about the closest thing to that and only $33! (one tenth the price of MOPARs) This is the Interior lighting kit I used: White 4pc LEDGlow LED Interior Lights Lighting Kit

It has a ton of setting including a mic. to pulse the lights to the beat of your music. It has a setting for ON/Off and that is what I used. My Camper Shell shop that hooked up my beds cargo light kit hooked up this kit also. These guys at Southbay Truck Tops know what their doing and did it for $100 rather than $200+ like the dealer wanted. They had to hook it to the dome/reading lights wires so it comes on with the interior lights. It was designed to be a separate lighting system like the MOPAR kit but is easy enough to splice in to what you want like the dome/reading lights. It does fade BUT it kinda flickers (not really kinda it flickers) when the dome and reading lights fade. One friend thought it looked cool, I personally was not expecting the flicker but it's not even visible unless you're in the truck. Not a big deal in other words.

These are the LEDs I used to replace the OEM bulbs. Needed these to keep the lighting all the same color and they are identical "Cool White" to the kit installed so all is uniform as far as interior lights go. Didn't do the vanity lights or the upper glove box light. Just seemed to be a waste of $$$. Anyway, here are those LEDs:
Super Bright LED Car Interior Lights Package For Dodge RAM

I'm sorry, I'm a little slow sometimes. To get those lights in my truck I need to buy the first link? White 4pc LEDGlow LED Interior Lights Lighting Kit
Or the second one you posted? Super Bright LED Car Interior Lights Package For Dodge RAM
Or is the second link for the light you did not use?
I'm just wanting the floorboard and overheads essentially.

SoCal Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm sorry, I'm a little slow sometimes. To get those lights in my truck I need to buy the first link? White 4pc LEDGlow LED Interior Lights Lighting Kit
Or the second one you posted? Super Bright LED Car Interior Lights Package For Dodge RAM
Or is the second link for the light you did not use?
I'm just wanting the floorboard and overheads essentially.
First link is to the under dash/under seat lighting Kit. The second link is to the replacement LED bulbs for the dome and reading lights. Hope that is clear for you friend...

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First link is to the under dash/under seat lighting Kit. The second link is to the replacement LED bulbs for the dome and reading lights. Hope that is clear for you friend...

Perfect!

Thank you sir!:cheers: