Left turn signal turning on high beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

becxlt984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After spending $82,000 I'm now dealing with this same issue!
Super annoying to say the least! My workaround is putting the signal lever forward in the high beam position and enabling the auto-dimming feature. I will report back after I take it in. It's kind of a shame this is my 1st post. Im coming from a Ford 6.0 L I had for 20 years. And we all know what a **** show those 6.0l were.

Thanks RAM !

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
This issue is definitely a SAFETY issue
It should be reported to NHTSA

Their system works on a Volume of Complaints, on a particular problem

Complaints. Consumers who experience a vehicle issue that could be a safety defect are encouraged to file a complaint with NHTSA. Complaints can be filed through NHTSA.gov or by calling NHTSA's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 888-327-4236.

To submit your complaint online, select your problem below and fill out the complaint form. If you don't have an email address, or you're unable to fill out the online form, contact our Vehicle Safety Hotline. We have English- and Spanish-speaking staff members, who are trained and knowledgeable, to answer questions and assist you in filing your complaint.

Vehicle Safety Hotline888-327-4236, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm ET
Hearing Impaired (TTY): 800-424-9153

Last edited:

easydoesitez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Made an account just to say I have the same problem. 2023 2500, less than 2000 miles. HB activate with left signal. Stealership said I must be pulling the lever when I use my signal because they can't replicate. But it only happens at night and they won't try it at night lmao. I am not pulling on the lever. My options are to either stop using my signal or blind everyone in front of me when I use my signal. Both serious safety hazards.

I've had success activating the HB on and off a few times and then blinker works normally. But it'll just start again the next day.

I won't hijack the thread with all the other problems but this truck is overall a piece of junk. Luckily it's a company truck and just a yard loaner until my assigned truck comes out of the shop.

becxlt984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep driving and the problem will get worse. That is how my new truck started occasionally it would do it .

Now I pull back on the Handle " flash to pass feature and it does it every time!
Activates the high beams and left turn signal!

becxlt984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had my truck scanned by a diesel performance center. threw these two code's
B23A1-2A FLASH TO PASS/OPTICAL HORN SWITCH -STUCK
B17E3-92 MANUFACTURE DEFINED

They believe it's a faulty control module in the steering column behind the steering wheel.
Making an appointment with a selling dealer.

Hope this helps someone out!

Last edited:

Larry Wald

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having the same problem. I already had the multifunction switch changed and the same thing is happening with the new one. It won't disengage on some left turns and seems to be getting worse. The dealer ordered another switch and I am still waiting to get it installed. I'm concerned it my not be the switch or there is a production defect that is not being addressed.

becxlt984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having the same problem. I already had the multifunction switch changed and the same thing is happening with the new one. It won't disengage on some left turns and seems to be getting worse. The dealer ordered another switch and I am still waiting to get it installed. I'm concerned it my not be the switch or there is a production defect that is not being addressed.
Not sure how it works in Florida But In Ca they 3 shots at fixing it. Then you can start the Lemmon Law buyback process! Document everything!

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Not sure how it works in Florida But In Ca they 3 shots at fixing it. Then you can start the Lemmon Law buyback process! Document everything!
It would have to be reported within the first 24 months of sale. His truck is showing as a 2019, 4+ years old. Does not qualify.

Dewrfng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone found a solution to this issue. I am also having the left turn signal activating high beams on my 2023 Ram 3500 Laramie. My running lights will not work also. Show on the dash that the running lights are on but not working.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
So, I know there is another thread about this. So I won’t go into the weeds. All conditions, left signal activated high beams.

Went to dealership. Mechanic and service advisor say it’s a “Safety Feature “ for turning left across oncoming traffic. Basically leave your truck we’ll open a star something or other. Had an idea as I was about to leave. I went and got the keys to another 23 3500 Tradesman and took the service advisor out to show him, that it is not a “Safety Feature”.

Can’t leave it with them this week, but will next week.

Second time my truck has been in the shop. Bought it September 4th.
This is the thread your referring to, I just posted about a pending recall for the issue.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – B2AFCA US LLC (FCA US) has announced a safety recall on certain 2023 Model Year (DF)Ram 3500 10k Lb. Cab Chassis, 2023 (DS) Ram 1500 Pickup, 2023 and 2024 ModelYear (D2) Ram 3500 Pickup, (DD) Ram Cab Chassis, (DJ) Ram 2500 Pickup, (DP)4500/5500 Cab Chassis vehicles.

This may be the recall