leveling for 2016 sport 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
norton333

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How’d it go?
I'm really happy with it, but out of a 2 inch level I got less than an inch and a half with the weight of the motor on it.I was afraid of getting too much height up front and looking like a bulldog, not to mention when you have a load in the bed. In my level garage I had 5" in front btwn top of tire and wheel well and 7 and a half in back, now in the same spot I have a about 6 and a quarter front and 7 in back, so perfect to my eyes, some may want more.I will post some pics when I get a chance.You can really feel the difference climbing into the cab and when driving, much better IMHO.

OP
OP
norton333

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is a pic at the dealer the day I bought it.evBL3RS.jpg

OP
OP
norton333

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Today after level. The front view shows the difference best.m5c9d79.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm happy for you man. I ended up putting a spacer in mine today. Got 2.25" from a 2" spacer however it was suppose to give 3"s. I'm really happy with how it turned out man. Your truck looks so clean!

OP
OP
norton333

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After level, I know most will say they don't see much difference from these two pics , but I just drove it and the difference is huge to me from climbing up ,to the view and feel of the drive, it's exactly how I wanted this truck to be.UvG3ddB.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can tell a diff in the pics man. Doesn't help that the photo is kinda crooked tho lol!

mikesram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like it turned out great!! I've also been researching leveling kits but have seen a lot of negative feedback on the leveling spacers. Your leveling springs might be a better way to level the front. I'm going to look into them now. You may not know but do these springs put extra stress on the upper ball joints? Another thing I've heard about the leveling spacers. Maybe the springs don't do that?

OP
OP
norton333

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like it turned out great!! I've also been researching leveling kits but have seen a lot of negative feedback on the leveling spacers. Your leveling springs might be a better way to level the front. I'm going to look into them now. You may not know but do these springs put extra stress on the upper ball joints? Another thing I've heard about the leveling spacers. Maybe the springs don't do that?
Mike I didn't like the idea of spacers, these coils are the same size length wise as your OEM coils , but much thicker, the guys at the shop said this was a great way to go, after getting aligned it drives really great, even over the R/R tracks near my house. I don't know if there will be any issue down the road, but I am really happy with my height and drive with this level. Mike I saw no reviews on these, if you find any other info on these, please post it here.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
For anyone interested, here’s the difference between stock coils and the aftermarket ones. (Mine were from maxtrac but I believe they’re the same coils as RC coils, just rebranded. Same color, same look, and same amount of lift achieved)
d1b3cf020d724d4e7a8a0a7a25f5b2a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is exactly what I am looking for. Now to find a shop that will install them reasonably! Appreciate the pic and the sharing of knowledge.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
I attempted it in the driveway for about a hour before I realized it wasnt happening. I needed more man power and had no one around for help so I ended up paying $150 for install + $60 for alignment

Buck19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How are the UCA’s. Are they seated where they should be? I have heard of them failing.

Samzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same question as everyone about uca you see a lot of negative comments on Leveling kits with 4wd but I believe it’s because of the spacer causing this issue. I couldn’t find anything with using the spring however. I’m thinking about going maxtrax 2.5 with Fox 2.0. Anyone run a bilstine? I’m stuck between wich one to pick.

incupunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ok, thanks Derango, those look good too, will call RC first and see what they have to say.

Does anyone have any idea why the Rough Country 2in Coils you posted above are listed as explicity V8 models? I have the 3.6L Pentastar and just want 1-2.5" inches to level out the truck but it's hard to find anything for it. Why does the engine matter?

OP
OP
norton333

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Call RC and ask why, they were very helpful on the phone and may have an alternative for you.

Last edited: