leveling kit and wheels/tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello I'm new to the forum and would like some help... I want to level the front of my ram 1500 long bed 4x4 reg cab. what is the best one to buy thats still good on the wallet? and i want to order new wheels and tires. what is the best size wheels to run on my 2006 ram please include back spacing and other info like that..and what is the biggest tire i can run without rubbing issues...any info will be great thanks...

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Welcome to the forum.
I would check with the vendors on here to purchase the leveling kit, but Hell bent Steel makes a good kit thats easy on the wallet.
Wheels and tires are a personal preference, you can run anything wheel diameter from 17" on up. What kind of tire are you wanting? M/T, A/T, street performance, All season? You have many different opptions to choose from.
With a 2" level you can fit up to 35's.

OP
OP
M

Max

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm looking for mud terrians and all um looking for on wheels is info on backspacing and stuff like that

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
Welcome! :)

I have a 2.5" Ready Lift levelling kit on my 2008 Ram. I couldn't tell you the price of it as it was a gift. As for the tires, I've got 35/12.5/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 20" wheels. There is only a small bit of rub at full lock. They just barely stick out... maybe 1 inch at the absolute most. I ordered the tires from Florida and had them shipped to Canada... after paying duty on them they cost me $1520.00...way better then the price I was quoted from some local places here! Offset of the wheels is 10mm and backspacing is 5.14". My tires are not a mud tire but are quite aggressive looking (atleast in my opinion)... I wasn't a fan of the "knobiness" of the Mud Grapplers. You just need to look at some different sites and see what you like and go from there... lots of different options for you out there!!

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm looking for mud terrians and all um looking for on wheels is info on backspacing and stuff like that

You cant go wrong with the Toyo M/T's great traction and long tread life. Wheel offset/backspacing will depend on the width of the wheel and how you want them to sit on the vehicle. A 20x10 -20 offset will stick out further than a 20x9 -20 offset (by 1/2 inch). How do you want the wheels to fit, flush, stick out, stock fitment? From there we can give you an offset/BS on a wheel (say 20x9) to get you that fit, then you can do the math to = the same fitment if the wheels you pick are wider or narrower.

OP
OP
M

Max

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
thanks for the info i want 17x10 i want it to sit a little wider too. say 1/2 to 1 inch wider each side but i want the least rubbing issues... I'm not sure what wheels i want yet i just want to know what size,offset,and back spacing you guys have used that has worked good on your Ram with the least issues...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca