Leveling kit questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amenges

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is your ram 4x4? If so they have spacers that go on the top of the coil/strut. (The part where there are 3 nuts and bolts to remove the coil and shock)

This is similar to the one I used...
Leveling Suspension

I've read a lot of people complaining about torn CV boots with this particular way of leveling... but I haven't had that happen, although I just put the leveling kit on my 08 about a month ago.

Mine was an absolute nightmare to put on. On mine there is a bolt that runs through a pressed in bushing that is on the lower control arm. This bolt is what holds the bottom of the strut in place. After a 20lb sledge hammer, oxy-acetylene torch heating up the bushing and 4 hours, I finally gave up, cut the bushing out and got a new one from NAPA. Almost everyone I talked to had the same problem with this bolt. Nightmare part 2 was trying to press the bushing back into the lower control arm. It took 3 days to finish mine.

After day 1 of my hell I decided that while I was at it, I was going to replace the shocks. Might be something to consider.

Here's a video of stuff I would check:
Suspension/Steering

amenges

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's just time consuming. It was all easy except that last bolt. If I had to do it all over again I would try taking that bolt out first to see how bad it's going to be. Maybe you'll get lucky and it won't take that long. Or maybe you'll come up with the answer to getting the bolt out easier... I've heard of people soaking that bolt in penetrating oil 2x a day for like 3 days and then not having too much of a problem getting it out. I didn't try that because I didn't have the time. PB Blaster is great stuff, though. One guy in town who runs a performance shop recommended trying brake fluid. He said it's not as thick as penetrating oil and can creep into smaller spaces.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

..Let us know how it goes

Last edited:

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Hell bent steel sound like they are exactly what your looking for

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
^^^^
What he said. Hell bent steel is a sponsor on here and they make good spacers. 2" or 2.5"

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I think the 07 model year still used torsion bar setup, so he would need torsion bar keys.

Sent From My DROID RAZR MAXX Using Tapatalk 2

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
05 was the last year for torsion bars

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Bingo^^^
06-present use IFS
Bilstiens are a very popular option but aren't close to the cheap requirement

I've installed the RC level on silverados your talking about Brian
I kinda wish there was something similar for Rams!