Lifetime warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If U paid for the lifetime max care mopar warranty no. Just keep receipts. If you got a “dealer” lifetime power train the answer most likely is yes. In most cases the magnason moss act covers you if you do it yourself or take it elsewhere as long as you have proof it was done. Example here is my John Deere Dealer will double the factory warranty on my tractor IF I have them perform the recommended annual service. So not really a bad deal. Read the fine print or speak to the service manager of your dealership.

CumminsRocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9L
I was the service manager at a Dodge dealership when this came out. Lifetime warranty is only good for the original owner and there are periodic times that you had to take it in to be inspected.

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was the service manager at a Dodge dealership when this came out. Lifetime warranty is only good for the original owner and there are periodic times that you had to take it in to be inspected.

When originally introduced, yep.

Not the original owner, and purchased the car pre-owned. Only requirement since being reintroduced was that the vehicle had to have less than 48k miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsmurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So since you all are talking lifetime warranties and mopar no longer offers their lifetime maxcare warranty, whose lifetime warranty would any of you recommend? I am currently in the market fir a new 2021 Ram 1500 limited. Any suggestions would be helpful.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Again I think we are confusing MaxCare Lifetime (of recent years before it was stopped and maybe of years before that), the Mopar lifetime powertrain warranty and possibly dealer offered "lifetime warranties".

The MaxCare Lifetime I purchased in 2018 for my 2017 has zero stipulations about regular inspections. It does say it is not transferrable, though.

Rustypipes12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I read somewhere not to long ago that it's illegal for a manufacturer to require you to have service done by a dealer. You do have to have records, use fluids and parts that meet spec. and follow recommended maintenance though. That being said, I've started to notice the dreaded cold engine knock in my '09 TRX4 and am pretty certain its a bolt or two for the exhaust manifold. My truck came with the lifetime drivetrain warranty so shouldn't that be covered?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I read somewhere not to long ago that it's illegal for a manufacturer to require you to have service done by a dealer. You do have to have records, use fluids and parts that meet spec. and follow recommended maintenance though. That being said, I've started to notice the dreaded cold engine knock in my '09 TRX4 and am pretty certain its a bolt or two for the exhaust manifold. My truck came with the lifetime drivetrain warranty so shouldn't that be covered?
Yes, as long as you had your inspection every 5 years.