Lift for factory air ride to clear 285r20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panarama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2014 Laramie with air ride. My 285's rub in left turn. And rubs near wiring harness connector in the fenderwell, even when lifted, if the terrain is uneven.

Is there a body lift for these trucks?

Last edited:

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2014 Laramie with air ride. My 285's rub in left turn. And rubs near wiring harness connector in the fenderwell, even when lifted, if the terrain is uneven.

Is there a body lift for these trucks?
Check out Revel Links...they offer lift packages for Rams with the air suspension

OP
OP
P

Panarama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Very cool. Thanks!
Wonder how the ride is when it "tricks" the computer. In my experience, the higher the factory lift, the stiffer the ride.
Will I sacrifice my cushy normal ride?
Or will it be the stiffer higher lift feel?

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very cool. Thanks!
Wonder how the ride is when it "tricks" the computer. In my experience, the higher the factory lift, the stiffer the ride.
Will I sacrifice my cushy normal ride?
Or will it be the stiffer higher lift feel?
I went with the Revel Performance Lift Kit with Front & Rear Links and 2.0” Daystar Spacers...end result was a 2.5” lift to the Normal Ride Height setting (40 in Front, 41.5 Rear)...I wanted to maintain some rake for when I carry a heavy load or tow. The spacers allow the truck to maintain the smooth factory ride since they prevent the airbags from having to stay full of air which would stiffen the ride. I am running LT295/55R22 (35x12.2) with no rubbing at the Normal Ride Setting.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does it effect the sway bars and the length of the wires/hoses is ok?
I can only assume there were no issues with the sway bars or wires/hoses since my installer didn't mention anything. I had a place that specializes in modifying suspensions on trucks and jeeps so they've seen it all and thought it was a pretty straight forward install. When I first talked to them about the Revel lift kit they mentioned that I should replace the upper control arms to accommodate the added lift but after seeing my truck they confirmed that the existing UCAs were fine since they were designed to adjust to the different settings on the air suspension and I wasn't lifting it beyond the limits of the design.

bubba5xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put air bags on 2014 for to help with towing. Easy install