Lift it or leave it alone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

castro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Ramily I have an 06 2500 Mega cab 2wd on Black stock 20's,

Im considering lifting my truck 6" i know its not a 4X but i like the look.

I have been told I will need rims and tires also I wanted to keep my rims but not to thrilled about running spacers, and I have a few questions for you all.

Is anyone that lifted their trucks running stock 20's W/ 35" Tires? did you need spacers? Are they safe to tow with?

what kit do you recommend?

what rims and tires are best for that nice stance ?

thank you all for your help it's not easy dropping 4-5 grand without checking every option first for me.

Lilkenny99

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 1500
Engine
First off any Meg cab could use a lift and some tires.

My uncle had an 06 1500 quad cab 4x4 with stock 20 inch rims on 35s with a 4 inch body lift. No spacers, stock offset. He had no issues

Im pretty sure if you put on 35s with the same width as the stock tire you won’t need spacers, just the right size lift to accommodate for the more room needed in the wheel well to avoid tire rub.

I have heard spacers can cause problems with axles but you have the 2x so don’t think you have to worry about that, maybe do a search on what problems people have had with them.

To find what stance you like search some images on google, find the height, size rim, tire and offset you like the best and look for a kit with good reviews.

If you’re going higher you should go wider. just my opinion I drive like an ******* lol. The main reason I haven’t lifted mine yet. Hope this helps