Lifted 4th Gen Pics - Show Em Off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great question! I'd love to understand further.

I think most people do something because it serves a purpose. Adding fender flares to wheels with an offset to protect the paint, that serves two purposes, protection, and appearance.

The purpose of spacers is to provide the ability to put a larger tire on a stock sized rim, the hub of the axle is quite deep in the stock rims. Wheel spacers push the stock wheels out, getting you extra room for a wider tire, which are heavily used to go offroad, so again, serves two purposes.

Larger tires in general, offroad, better traction, and appearance.

Lifted truck, high clearance and ability to add additional lift to their suspension components. As well as, once again, larger tires, serves more purposes.

Lights, they serve two purposes, distance viewing, and appearance.

Then... then you have the " ricer " mods. You know when you see those people with honda civics that put wings on their cars, like, UNGODLY sized wings, on the back, with fart cans? That's what stretched tires are.

They DO in fact serve a purpose, they assist with clearing the fender flares, but when you have a -44 offset, then stretch the tire, it serves no actual purpose, other than being butt ugly :)

That's why most people do it, I'd assume, for the utilitarian functionality of most mods, except for those ricers that stretch tires, i can't speak for them, that's just cruel.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They DO in fact serve a purpose, they assist with clearing the fender flares, but when you have a -44 offset, then stretch the tire, it serves no actual purpose, other than being butt ugly :)

That's why most people do it, I'd assume, for the utilitarian functionality of most mods, except for those ricers that stretch tires, i can't speak for them, that's just cruel.

Since you explained it well, here's my thought lol
IMG_3019.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a side shot? I'd guess 6" with that much gap.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks awesome man....what wheel/tires are you getting?

Hopefully arriving tomorrow, they said tonight but no show. They are 20x10 fuel assault d546 with 305/55/20 toyo open country rt tires cant wait!

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^^^ You gonna hang onto the stocks for Winter ?

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ You gonna hang onto the stocks for Winter ?

Oh absolutely lol, I'm not trying to run nice wheels into the salt and sand and other junk on the roads in the winter

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's what I do ... Works out great here in these Ohio winters ... April 1st, the summer wheels go back on ... Nov 1st, back off ... I put Cooper XT/4 275 Winter tires on the factories this year ... They worked great

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I do ... Works out great here in these Ohio winters ... April 1st, the summer wheels go back on ... Nov 1st, back off ... I put Cooper XT/4 275 Winter tires on the factories this year ... They worked great

Same here....the satin finish black wheels get chalky looking pretty fast with the winter salt.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wheels were suppose to arrive yesterday, was told I would be the next stop even thought the driver was over 6 hours late lol. Mr wheel deal has awesome prices but don't count on them arriving when they are said to be