Lifted cummins owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So the other day I was cruising back roads and I went from a complete stop to a right hand turn uphill on a gravel road. The rear end felt like it was slipping, do I need traction bars?

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
find a dry pavement road
accelerate hard and see if if slips
repeat a few times take notes

find a dry paved hill and do same as above, does wheel hop or as send move around

if so you need a set of rough country traction bars *****:big_banana_Dance::greenchainsaw:

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
**** da ladder bars for traction put some fat ******* in the back and boom! traction and cali lean.. with a truck load of *******. ..who the f has a truck load of *******

OP
OP
G

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It has an undercover flex on it, I'd tell a fat ***** it doesn't fold up.

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
drag her fat ass then I guess, instead of truck nutz...you got truck butts

S.Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the other day I was cruising back roads and I went from a complete stop to a right hand turn uphill on a gravel road. The rear end felt like it was slipping, do I need traction bars?
I have had 3 lifted Cummins, all far from stock, I found I would get some hopping and sliding in the rear offload at times but usually because the suspension was so stiff. It wasn't as bad on the longhorn I just smashed because it had a full Carli system on it ad over 700 dyno tested HP.my other one was worse for it, it had more power but also had traction bars. All trucks had quality top of the line suspension too, so tat was never a issue.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Was it the inside tire spinning? I know that if I make a sharp turn and press the accelerator pedal even in a slightly aggressive manner, my inside tire will slip/spin.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious, what set up is on your truck? stock, lifted, tire size?

Also with tires are you running your tires at max PSI (I know sounds funny but effects it off road with a stock tire)

I had a 07 up on 35's and had about 450hp to the rear... I'd kick out the rear off road with ease but no wheel hop... If you have wheel hop yes on Traction bars If no hope its just loose ground combined with too much torq vs traction.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Traction bars (ladder bars) won't actually help you with traction at all. They're to prevent axle wrap. If it was slipping it's just because it has no weight in the rear with too much torque. Mine does it from time to time even just on wet pavement. Definitely normal to have a little bit of spin in that application.