Lifted Rams following Service Schedule Maintenance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quickfix27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hi,
I've got a 2018 Ram 1500 with 4" Zone after-market lift kit with Fox 2.0 shocks in the rear and Bilstein 5100 shocks in front. I just hit 20,000 miles on it and wondering if folks with after-market lift kits are still following the recommended service schedule?

Will Dodge/Ram dealers still inspect suspension components given after-market lift kits or does it essentially void warranty, service schedule? Are these inspections worth it?

20,000 mile maintenance
  • Inspect front suspension, tie rod ends, and replace if necessary
  • Inspect brake linings, replace as necessary
  • Adjust parking brake as necessary
30,000 mile maintenance
  • Inspect the CV/Universal joints
  • Inspect the front and rear axle surfaces. If gear oil leakage is suspected, check the fluid level.
  • Inspect transfer case fluid
40,000 mile maintenance
  • Inspect front suspension, tie rod ends, and replace if necessary.
  • Inspect brake linings, replace as necessary.
  • Adjust park brake as necessary.
60,0000 mile maintenance
  • Inspect the CV/Universal joints
  • Inspect front suspension, tie rod ends, and replace if necessary
  • Inspect the front and rear axle surfaces. If gear oil leakage is suspected, check the fluid level.
  • Inspect brake linings, replace as necessary.
Thanks in advance.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I follow mine granted nothing is covered. But the piece of mind is nice and my dealer does the inspection free as part of their warranty so nothing to lose for me

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You still follow all scheduled maintenances and inspections as needed. The issue may arise if something fails related to your aftermarket parts, some dealers may void your suspension/steering and even drivetrain warranty for something silly. Some dealers are friendly to lifted trucks, some others are not. If you got a lifted truck from a dealer as an option chances are they'll be friendly as they do installs.
Good luck.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Again, a dealership can not void your warranty if you lift your truck .. what they can do is not agree to even inspect anything that has to do with your lift kit, so what ever you replaced with the lift kit they can choose to not even look at those specific parts ..anything else that is not related directly to the lift kit even if its the drivetrain they have to inspect unless they can right there and then prove that it has already or caused an issue with your truck ...

Don't be scared to take your truck in after a lift kit install .... this is why so many dealerships and companies are getting away with illegally voided our warranties because they don't get challenged when their uneducated and unprofessional techs and even as high as service managers decide to make these calls ...

So for your 20k inspection

20,000 mile maintenance
  • Inspect front suspension, tie rod ends, and replace if necessary (if you didn't replace your tie rod ends they have to inspect them, if there is something wrong with them they have to prove that your lift kit caused the issue, since you replaced your shocks they won't even look at them as that is no longer covered because it is not an OEM part, so anything that is not OEM and was not installed by them they have the right to disregard in an inspection)
  • Inspect brake linings, replace as necessary (your brakes they will inspect and probably suggest you get new brakes because of the lift kit and why wouldn't they, that is going to come out of your pocket anyways)
  • Adjust parking brake as necessary (your parking brake they most likely will adjust it)

I am about to go in for my 20k inspection and honestly I might not even take it at all unless they require it and they can prove it is required in order for my warranty to not be voided. So unless they can prove that not taking in my truck for these progressive inspections will void my warranty I will not allow them to touch my truck at all ....

Anything that has to do with my suspension and lift kit I will have the shop that installed the lift kit look at it.

So unless you really need to take your truck in or they tell you that if you don't it will void your warranty and they can prove it there is no reason to take it in and have them mess with your truck ...

Dealerships are crooked and I know firsthand what they will do to get you in later on for some bs issue "they" caused on purpose to take your money ....

If you do choose to take your truck to get these inspections done, look for a dealership that actually sells lifted trucks or has lifted trucks on their lots. Those are the dealerships that will actually be more lifted truck friendly.