Votes: 24 26.4%
  • GoodYear

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Toyo

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Yokohama

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For me it was all about driveability and function for off road Overlanding use. Being a 2012 PW with stock 4:56’s and 33x12.50x17 Duratrac’s all it wanted to do was eat up the tires. So switching out to the 37’s tamed it down enough to allow the torque to build before it launched into a tire hating tirade and it’s a real nice ride with all that new sidewall height!

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Just a 3" AEV lift and flares to fit 40's for better articulation over rocks and things. And it rides really nice and I still get 20mpg on the highway with the 4.88 gears

View attachment 215565

Love the build!

Does the 40's clear the Cab at full lock?

One day I'll upgrade to a 2500

For now the 37's will clear the 1500

20200704_112458.jpg

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
8b6dcee673c501d59f9165815d1da047.jpg
I have a 9.5 inch lift with 35’s and I wouldn’t change it for anything that’s what I like and what makes me happy everybody like there truck different so I say make your truck to your liking and don’t care what everyone else thinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert_ Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gentlemen we know the saying it’s not the length is not the size it’s how many times you can make it rise. And now that we have put our issues big and small no pun intended I personally feel a massive peer pressure to left the truck.

Since I bought my truck I have gone through the basics mods cold air in take cat back modified PCM Hemifever tune and new linkswell 10 inch touchscreen Recon scanning black Taillight and Morimoto LED front light with fog lights basically all the cosmetic and view functional modification.

I still can’t find it in me to lift the truck. I don’t use the truck for off road purposes I can’t accept the increase in road noise the loss of gas milage

at the end it’s a Matter of test and personal preference I salute those who have the guts to lift the truck

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just went ahead and bought mine factory lifted (power wagon) that being said a 1.5 inch thuren leveling system is in the future for it. with the height it is i can stuff 37's under it. I like the "less is more" concept.20200714_120940.jpg

Princeton_Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lowered, leveled, stock, lifted, or all of Brodozer each have their uses/purposes and attract different views (both good and bad). Where I live in IL there’s a commercial for a settlement law firm that say “it’s your money use it when you need it”. That’s my take on any truck on here. Does everyone truck fit my personal taste no. But I still appreciate looking at the lowered trucks on here (knowing I won’t be doing it). That’s why aftermarket and customization exists right. Other those there would only be like two options for parts. I appreciate the work and knowledge shared.

Speaking of sharing knowledge How u like those STT pros in snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll let you know, I've been running BFG AT KO2s year round the past 6 years (and they've done well in snow), both the STT Pros and the AT3 XLTs are new. I ran the STT Pros for a couple weeks last month before deciding to buy another set of rims and the XLTs. I only rack up about 12k a year, so these two sets of tires should last me quite a while.

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Where do you “stuff” them?
Just meant that I can put 37's on without having to do anything to level or lift the truck. I have 35's on it now, I think they look too small.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
For me upon seeing my 5th gen in person, it didn’t look like a 4x4 truck. Now it does and that suits me fine lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB1

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
Love the build!

Does the 40's clear the Cab at full lock?

One day I'll upgrade to a 2500

For now the 37's will clear the 1500

View attachment 215713

Yes it clears fine. with the AEV flares you cut out about 4 inches of sheet metal around the opening and you cut out the cab corner and install a plate that is riveted and seam sealed then you put in their wheel well liners and it is nice and open. The flares are a pain in the ass to install though, several hours work for each flare lol But now 40's clear with great articulation and no rubbing. The 37's I had on before all this worked fine though

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Yes it clears fine. with the AEV flares you cut out about 4 inches of sheet metal around the opening and you cut out the cab corner and install a plate that is riveted and seam sealed then you put in their wheel well liners and it is nice and open. The flares are a pain in the ass to install though, several hours work for each flare lol But now 40's clear with great articulation and no rubbing. The 37's I had on before all this worked fine though

Thank you for the explanation. Makes perfect sense as to why I couldn't picture larger than 37's without either body lifting the cab or cutting it.

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
Thank you for the explanation. Makes perfect sense as to why I couldn't picture larger than 37's without either body lifting the cab or cutting it.

While big lifts can look good your axles mostly stay the same height as far as ground clearance. 3" lift is all you need with the 40 inch tires and the AEV flares and suspension keeping your center of gravity down as low as possible making for an awesome performing offroad suspension with the bigger tires without making it more top heavy, its the perfect balance

CptDondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
So stock ride height. I have the snow king package which I think makes the truck ride a tad higher.

Anyone have any ideas on bigger tires on the stock 18" rims?

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
Some for looks some for offroad. Mine was looks I've lost 6 mpg so far the 3.21s hate these 14 wides lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.
Yeah,the super wide tires push a lot of air and the firepit rims put undue stress on the wheel bearings fore and aft.

Arctic Taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Functional form, needed some lift to get clearance for some off road work. 3” max is the target, going for some custom spring aft next year, or the year after. I like pizza cutters, been more places with less drama, but that’s my deal.

Your truck is your canvas, do with it what you will, just don’t get all butt hurt if someone isn’t as impressed as your truck as you think they should be.
Pavement princes or mud dogger, everyone has a different use for their rig.

Mine is for dragging stuff where ever I would like to drag it. Bottom line it works for me and that is all that matters.

Cheers