Lifted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Coulter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Anybody know how much a 2" Bilstein leveling kit will raise my cab at the back end? I have a shark fin antenna and a low garage entrance with not much room to spare.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
easy enough to figure out. If it goes up 2" at the front axle and goes up none at the rear axle figure out where the location you want is in relationship to the two axles. its only 2" how far off can you be if half way is only 1" ?

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well how much is “not much” ? Pull in, stop at the shark fin, get out, and take a measurement ... Many a roof have been caved in by not much and almost ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just drive the truck inside the garage and raise the front 2" from the middle of the crossmember so you're raising the entire front equally, measuring 2" from tire to the fender edge. Worst case scenario she can stay in the driveway. She won't complaint. Lol

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Mine fits in my garage, 4.5/3" lift on 35's.

Door is 6'11"

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody know how much a 2" Bilstein leveling kit will raise my cab at the back end? I have a shark fin antenna and a low garage entrance with not much room to spare.

The Bilstein struts alone just relocate the lower strut mount by a fixed distance so at static (parked/rolling) weight if you set the strut to its 2.1" notch your truck lifts, directly above the wheels 2.1 inches. If your cab is halfway back to the rear axle, then the cab goes up about 1 inch.

People can and do argue intensely about spring preload and its effects on handling but that's a separate discussion, static height in this case is fixed intervals.