Lights and heat/ac problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibsonsg5688

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys was needing some input on what is goin on with my truck.
Two mornings ago I get in my truck to head to work and when I start the truck the automatic headlights don't come on. Ok no biggy I turn them on manually. Yesterday morning I get in my truck and try too turn on the defrost, blower kicks on but it's only blowing from the floor vent, ontop of that my lights to the heater control knobs are not illuminated. So what gives its like 3 things at once. No auto headlights, no lights on panel for heat/ac, and no air distribution but only too floor. I've checked fuses and nothing. I've researched about actuators and them being the cause for the air problems but what about my panel lights???

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have a little mouse friend chewing on the under dash wires :)

Wonder if there is a bad ground somewhere.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Generally when you only get air to the floor the "Foot Actuator" is bad and needs to be replaced. Right under the radio with the bezel removed.

HVACunit-Ram_zps070392c7.png

You will need to double check your HVAC fuses. After doing that you will need to pull the radio bezel which holds the controls. Look for loose connectors or wires, it is also possible the switch assembly is bad and needs to be replaced.

OP
OP
G

Gibsonsg5688

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The foot actuator only distributes air in to certain areas. It should have nothing to do with the panel lights correct?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I am gonna go with a bad ground or power distribution point problem. All those things happening at once is very unlikely to be multiple single point failures.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I am gonna go with a bad ground or power distribution point problem. All those things happening at once is very unlikely to be multiple single point failures.
Unless the mouse is busy...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The foot actuator only distributes air in to certain areas. It should have nothing to do with the panel lights correct?

It pretty much determines whether you have defrost air to the windshield or heat to the floor. If it is bad you will only have heat to the floor, no defrost.

Nothing to do with the panel lights. It is possible the switch panel could be bad and causing your problems as mentioned above, lights and actuator problem.