Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge4x4810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am going to be installing hide-aways in my tail lights and headlights. Before I go drilling holes in the headlights, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any fiberglass in the casing or just plastic. I know the fords have some fiberglass and when you drill through it it can cause the headlight to develop a haze overtime. Any help would be great and tips if anyone had hideaways. I have done hideaways before, just not in the 4th gen Rams.

Thanks

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What’s a hide-away?

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I dont think there is fiberglass

OP
OP
D

Dodge4x4810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hide-aways are LED strobe lights. I need them for plowing. I was just going to use hide-aways so everything is hidden. I am also installing reverse spotlights hidden under the body. Any tips on lighting would be appreciated, I am always up for ideas. Just remember I like things hidden, at least somewhat, so when the lights are off you cannot tell they are even there.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Why don’t you put them behind the grille?

billa9b0ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 SLT CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love pictures of truck lights so please keep us posted :)

OP
OP
D

Dodge4x4810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm not sure what you mean by "Law". But for hideaways, I am using the Whelen Vertex omni-directional. One in each reverse light and one in each marker light on the front (the bottom corner so it shows on the side). The hideaways are white. In my opinion the Whelen Vertex hideaways are the best on the market right now. For reverse spotlights I'm hiding them on each side of the spare tire, so you cannot really see them if they are off. For those I bought some heavy duty LED ones from a local dealer and each put out 2800 lumens. Should look pretty clean and cool when it's done. I was also going to put one in each of the cargo lights, but you have to be really careful of the headliner to put them in. If it creases, you'll never get it out. But, I may take the chance and do it eventually.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I am interested in some final pictures as well. I may put together a plow rig on my truck before next winter. It's not a law here but I think it is a great idea to caution other motorists.

MeatCurtains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Most of the housings should have glass fiber reinforcing. I used to make a ton of them for various manufacturers. However, drilling the back should have no effect any of it becoming hazy. Moisture and UV light causes that.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I'm not sure what you mean by "Law".
Typically a "Hideway" or "HAW" is short hand for a hideaway strobe bulb. A LED hideaway is known as a "LAW". Sorry for the confusion.

Whelen Vertex's are pretty good. My police department installs them on our unmarked cars, they are pretty darn bright, even when they are not installed in a reflector housing. What brand are the 2800 lumen ones? I worry when I see outrageous numbers like that... 2800 lumens is most likely a marketing line, not a true representation of light output.

OP
OP
D

Dodge4x4810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The spotlights are from Strobes N' More. I just installed all the lights yesterday. The spotlights are very bright, I just have to adjust the angle a little bit. I know lumens wise, it seems like overkill and they are very bright. When I bought them they were on sale and looked very durable, so I bought them. The only thing that I wish were different with them is a wider spread of light. They are very heavy duty though, which is another reason, besides being on sale, that I went with them. I can get video/pictures of the strobes and the spotlights.
http://www.strobesnmore.com/Strobes-N-More-Heavy-Duty-EFlood-2800-Lumen-Floodlight.html